Type of honey gourami on liveaquaria?

Bettafish1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Title pretty much says it all. I am getting 2 honey gourami for my 20L. I was going to get them from Petco but they look suspiciously like thick lip gourami. Sooo I need to order. I would like to get sunset ones. What type does live aquaria have? If they are not sunset then is there any trusted sites that have sunset honeys? Thanks!

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Check local mom and pop stores.

p.s Petco owns LiveAquaria so not sure if that will impact your searching.

Bettafish1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
FinalFins said:
Check local mom and pop stores.

p.s Petco owns LiveAquaria so not sure if that will impact your searching.
Ohh. All the fish stores besides your common chain stores are ALL SALTWATER. :(

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just looked, and the only honey I saw listed on their site was honey dwarf.

Bettafish1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
O
JettsPapa said:
I just looked, and the only honey I saw listed on their site was honey dwarf.
Oh, is there any sites that you know of with honey sunsets?

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Bettafish1 said:
O
Oh, is there any sites that you know of with honey sunsets?
I think it is a Honey Gourami on liveaquaria, the listing is Colisa Chuna for some reason people like to put dwarf in it's name to confuse everyone.
Nevermind, didn't read the question properly, you're after a specific colour not just honeys :p

Bettafish1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
jinjerJOSH22 said:
I think it is a Honey Gourami on liveaquaria, the listing is Colisa Chuna for some reason people like to put dwarf in it's name to confuse everyone.
I don't know if they are sunsets though. Ugghh I hate having no freshwater fish stores near me :[

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Bettafish1 said:
I don't know if they are sunsets though. Ugghh I hate having no freshwater fish stores near me :[
Just realized lol

Bettafish1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
jinjerJOSH22 said:
Just realized lol
Realized what? I'm currently searching websites for honey sunsets to buy, one of them looked nice untill I found out it was going to ship for THREE WEEKS. I think it'd be dead by then lol

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Bettafish1 said:
Realized what? I'm currently searching websites for honey sunsets to buy, one of them looked nice untill I found out it was going to ship for THREE WEEKS. I think it'd be dead by then lol
I edited my original post after I realized you where after a specific colour.
I wish you luck in finding them :)

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Bettafish1 said:
I don't understand what you mean about being dead by then. I assume that website means it will be three weeks before they ship the fish, not that it will take three weeks for you to get the fish after they're shipped.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if there even are any real sunset honeys :hilarious: Almost everyone on this site that has claimed to have one in the past half year or so turned out to have a red/sunset thick-lipped. I would say, look for a site that lists both a common name (which allows you to look for the colour strain) and the latin name (so you can double check it is really a honey). And even that isn't a guarantee.

Anyway, in my locality as well, I have never seen sunset honeys. Here at least the thick-lippeds are genuinely labelled as such.
I do believe they exist as I've seen convincing pictures, but they seem to be far and few between.

Bettafish1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
JettsPapa said:
I don't understand what you mean about being dead by then. I assume that website means it will be three weeks before they ship the fish, not that it will take three weeks for you to get the fish after they're shipped.
Ohh I misunderstood lol. I thought it meant that they would be in the box for three weeks lol.

Bettafish1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
PascalKrypt said:
I sometimes wonder if there even are any real sunset honeys :hilarious: Almost everyone on this site that has claimed to have one in the past half year or so turned out to have a red/sunset thick-lipped. I would say, look for a site that lists both a common name (which allows you to look for the colour strain) and the latin name (so you can double check it is really a honey). And even that isn't a guarantee.

Anyway, in my locality as well, I have never seen sunset honeys. Here at least the thick-lippeds are genuinely labelled as such.
I do believe they exist as I've seen convincing pictures, but they seem to be far and few between.
Yeah, I found a site with two day shipping and live arrival guaranteed. I think I'll order from there after quarantine is finished with my corydoras

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've never ordered livestock but at this time of year i would be hesitant to order anything live. Things can get mixed up. For example i ordered 2 heaters off amazon and they should have been to my work friday and its now going on wednesday and i still havent received them. Their being shipped through UPS and i keep getting alerts that they will arrive today but still haven't :mad:

Bettafish1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
kallililly1973 said:
I've never ordered livestock but at this time of year i would be hesitant to order anything live. Things can get mixed up. For example i ordered 2 heaters off amazon and they should have been to my work friday and its now going on wednesday and i still havent received them. Their being shipped through UPS and i keep getting alerts that they will arrive today but still haven't :mad:
Yeah I cannot order for at least a month as I'm going to quarantine corydoras I'm getting from PetSmart in a few days.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom