Two Twenty Gallon Long Tanks

amariel9

Valued Member
Reaction score
After realizing my tank of 11 panda corys, 6 peacock gudgeons, and 3 tetras was severely overstocked, I began buying the supplies to set up another 20 gallon long tank, and I'm going to move the 6 gudgeons to a tank to themselves, but I was wondering if there would be room in either tank to add some mid/top dwelling fish? Or at the very least fill out the school of tetras so they won't be lonely.

DaleM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
amariel9 said:
After realizing my tank of 11 panda corys, 6 peacock gudgeons, and 3 tetras was severely overstocked, I began buying the supplies to set up another 20 gallon long tank, and I'm going to move the 6 gudgeons to a tank to themselves, but I was wondering if there would be room in either tank to add some mid/top dwelling fish? Or at the very least fill out the school of tetras so they won't be lonely.
Definitely increase your tetra school once you move the Gudgeon. What species of tetra do you have?

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would suggest moving one species to the new tank, and doing a largish school of them - say about 10 - and the other species can stay with the pandas in a slightly smaller school of around 8 or so.

Edit: maybe look into doing some gouramis as a centrepiece/top dwelling fish... Or the tank that doesn't have serpaes, maybe a small school of male guppies.

DaleM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Tetras need schools of their own kind, so you'd need a school of serpae and a school of black phantom, but I wouldn't do that in the one tank. Serpae in particular need largish schools to spread out aggression and reduce fin nipping of other fish in your tank

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom