Two Sick Betta Fish

bettas&cories

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi everyone, I can't win with our beloved bettas. My red and blue betta, Felix he's regrowing his fins after losing them all in a filter accident. Anyway his tank went from cycled to almost 2 ppm ammonia. I can't figure out why, I don't over feed, he's not messy and he's by himself, and when I do water changes there's nothing dirty in the substrate. His filter does 100 gallons per hour on an almost 7 gallon tank. I've added stability and Api quick start nothing. So now I'm doing 50% water changes every other day and adding prime and api ammolock. Through all of this Felix has been totally unaffected, no redness, heavy breathing, nothing. Over the last week however, he's developed a little bump, which I couldn't figure out what it was and today I wake up and it's turned white. Any thoughts on what it could be and how to get rid of it? Again this thing hasn't affected him any either. Now onto my brother's betta Cooper, he's in a ten gallon with a pair of cories ( adding more soon, had the old tank spring a huge leak and now this going on with Cooper) , I've noticed Cooper resting a lot, especially for super active Cooper. Today he looks super bloated and or has dropsy? My brother did admit he's been over feeding a bit so the cories get flakes too. His tank is cycled 0,0 and between 10 &15 nitrates. Could really use some help for both of these guys.

Attachments

WanhiBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes I Believe Cooper has dropsy. If he's pinecoaning, it's definitely dropsy but I can't tell for sure if he is with the pictures.

As for the cyclw of your first betta, I would stop adding ammolock, prime is already making the ammonia safe. Id also only keep Stability. Did you test your tap water? Maybe ammonia was added in it.

bettas&cories

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
WanhiBetta said:
Yes I Believe Cooper has dropsy. If he's pinecoaning, it's definitely dropsy but I can't tell for sure if he is with the pictures.

As for the cyclw of your first betta, I would stop adding ammolock, prime is already making the ammonia safe. Id also only keep Stability. Did you test your tap water? Maybe ammonia was added in it.
Hi, Cooper has what looks like raised scales but it's so subtle that it's hard to tell. He definitely looks really bloated, but he's more active now than he was earlier. The stability really hasn't done anything for me. I've tested the tap water multiple times and it always reads at zero. I'm more concerned with the lump that I found on him and what it is. Neither the water quality or the lump appear to be affecting him any but I'm still concerned.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom