Two prego guppies one box

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by adamzieger, Jul 4, 2016.

1. a

adamzieger Valued Member Member

Is it ok to have two prego guppies in a large breeder box, for the next 4 days, until I can get to the petstore for a second box?
    I just don't want them getting aggressive to each other. I'd rather take one out and have a chance of her giving birth in the large community tank.

2. GuppyKeeper007

GuppyKeeper007 Valued Member Member

Might stress them out a little. Do you have a java fern plant or something you could toss in it?

3. OP
    OP
    a

adamzieger Valued Member Member

I've taken her out now put in community tank. I don't think she will pop in 4 days.

4. GuppyKeeper007

GuppyKeeper007 Valued Member Member

I don't even touch my fry. I just let my females pop and the fry grow up just fine. Every few months I thin out some males and get some store credit at my pet store.
    Guess I've trained my guppies to not eat the fry by not buying new fish. Every single guppy in my tank has been there since they were born
    None have gotten eaten

5. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

I wouldn't put her in a breeder, especially not two. That can stress them out enough to have a miss carriage or aborting fry. It's better to just let them have a natural birth, if you want to keep fry just put some floating plants(fake or live) in. Just be warned youwill soon be overrun.:jawdrop::;bananarow:;wv
    Ok, thats a lot of emojis...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice