Two Peacock Cichlids hiding together?

Hemikyle

Reaction score
Hello everyone, so I have been noticing 2 of my peacock cichlids are hiding together in a 125g tank while all the other cichlids roam free and play in the current. Not sure why these two like to stick near each other. The hot orange one stays always in the corner near the plants while the other blue headed cichlid will stay there also. But occasionally leaves and joins the rest of the group leaving the orange one alone. Makes me wonder whats happening? The orange one never had an issue with any other ones just kinda isolated by itself recently. Any thoughts on what could be happening?

Bry

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you know the sexes? Sounds like potential breeding behavior.

OP
Hemikyle

Hemikyle

Reaction score
Bry said:
Do you know the sexes? Sounds like potential breeding behavior.
Not a clue I didn't really see any of those yellow spots people talk about on there fins from a glance either.

Bry

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hemikyle said:
Not a clue I didn't really see any of those yellow spots people talk about on there fins from a glance either.
My mom bred Convicts, and what you're describing sounds very similar to cichlid breeding. The orange one that stays near the plant would probably be the expecting mom, while the blue might be the expecting father.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom