Two of our tanks

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Thunder_o_b, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

I took these with available light so you could see how they would look to your eye. But this required a long shutter speed, the things that were moving are blurred, bubbles, and fish. All the plants are live.
    Sunhawks tank is not shown as it is being redesigned. I will post a shot after it has settled in.

The lighting is florescent soon to be replaced with LED.

1. This is the glass cat, discus, and angel tank. The tank is deeper than it looks. The plants (java ferns) in the center back are cover for a large open cave for the discus, it is in there in this shot. 44 gal pentagon.
    [​IMG]

2. This is the long finned golden danio tank. There are almost 30 in the school. 30 gal long.
    [​IMG]

2. freak78

freak78 Well Known Member Member

Nice tanks!

3. AnthonyC4C

AnthonyC4C Well Known Member Member

Very Nice what camera are you using?

4. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

Your tanks look epic! Can't wait to see sunhawks!!!

5. p

porkozone New Member Member

Nice tanks. I love how you incorporated the mortar and pestle in there.

6. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

Awesome tanks! I really like the Glass Cats one, I have always wanted to have them in a tank.

7. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

Thank you freak :)
    Thank you Anthony :) These shots were taken with a Canon 5DMKII with a Sigma f/1.4 50mm lens, mounted on a tripod.
    Thank you monkeypie :) I post a shot once it is settled in.
    Thank you porkozone :) I picked up the mortar and pestle when I was an owner operator. I would stop over at a Navajo truck stop near Winslow AZ. I got one for Sunhawk as well, but she actually uses it :)

Thank you pirahnah :) If you ever get a school, I have found that you need another fish or fishes to get them to properly school. When they are alone in a tank they just wonder around, but as soon as there were the angels and discus they started to school.

8. Msheresy

Msheresy Valued Member Member

Both are very pretty!

9. Tigress Hill

Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

When can you come 'scape my tanks?;D

10. AnthonyC4C

Dang...I was going to get either the t4i or 60D... you sure shelled out some cash for yours though...

11. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

Thank you Msheresy :)

I'm not sure where over yonder is…I believe that I drove through it in my rig a few years back on my way to CA :D

The t4i and the 60D are good cameras. Depending what you are planing to do with them they can be superior to the 5DMKII. They are crop body sensor cameras so they will give a 50% increase in apparent magnification (that is a whole long conversation on the "crop factor"), and the auto focus in these two cameras is a generation newer. I manual focus in 98% of my shots, so that trade off for the IQ of the 5DMKII was worth it for me. Not to say that the IQ of the t4i and the 60D is lacking, it is not. The 5DMKIII has the latest low light and auto focus tech, but there is no way that I would ever be able to afford it.

12. AnthonyC4C

I do a lot of nature and car photography and the usual modeling blah blah blah....I also prefer manual focusing only because my eye likes to look elsewhere which give a lot of my work a unique perspective.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice