Two of my New Bettas

1. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Just wanted to post some photos of two of my 3 new Bettas. These two are in a divided 10 gallon tank. Sadly the photos don't capture the colors very well. The first photo is a Halfmoon. He is a brighter blue than what the photo shows and is really quite striking. This guy is really hyper active and doesn't sit still for a moment.

The second is my Crowntail. He is much more mellow and laid back.

For some reason I just like the third photo. I divided the tank with a piece of smoked glass (that's what the dark line between the fish is) hoping it would be dark enough that they wouldn't see each other. But it didn't work out and after 3 solid days of the halfmoon trying to find a way over,under or around the glass, I had to put a piece of needlepoint canvas over the glass. It seems to have worked.

Attached Files:

2. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Very nice. Is that a halfmoon and a Crowntail? Where did you get them?

3. toosie Well Known Member Member

Impressive looking fish! I can see why you went home with 3... it would be extremely hard to pick just one.

Congratulations they are gorgeous!

4. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Great looking boys! New bettas are so much fun :p

5. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Wow you guys are fast! I wasn't about uploading the photos, so I just wrote a quick line and posted to see if the photos showed up. Then I edited the post and when I came back I has all these replies already!

Anyway, I got these two at PetCo. I don't know how PetCo ended up with that halfmoon, because like I said, the photo really doesn't do him justice.

My third Betta is (supposedly) a male Dragonscale Plakat. I didn't get a good picture of him though.

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

oh oh oh ohhhh! They are amazing! I so love the 3rd pic. Gotta love the "bulldogs" of the betta world! LOL

7. Speedy Well Known Member Member

WOW they are awesome!! I really love the first one...:O)

8. tankaddict Member Member

Wow! Amazing bettas! Coincidence too, lol. I bought a beautiful delta tail betta that I can't believe that PetCo had. If you wake up one day and find the halfmoon missing, it' wasn't me.... I've been looking for a colored halfmoon, and still ended up with something other than! Last time I went looking for one, I returned with a king betta, and a crowntail the time before that....