Two new coolie loaches

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just got two coolie loaches yesterday and one is about 2" and he other is about 1". The larger one is very edgey in my opinion. Other than that, they school together and hide under the rock that I placed in there for the cory originally. The are really neat to watch.
Tom

King Dojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Do they constantly hord away or are they out sometimes. Im intrested in getting some but I dont know if they will just hide and be a lifeless fish. I also have sand that they might constantly borrow in.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine hide most of the day unless there is something that interests them like food. But they come out when all the lights are out in the tank. I also put piece of driftwood in there for them that has holes in it like crazy and I put in 2 clay pots for them and my corys to hide in incase they get tired from playing and want to rest(the corys I mean). When the loaches come out, they are very energetic and zoom from corner to corner looking for food. It is really neat to watch them try and find a hiding place in the morning when the lights go on. But now I leave the lights off until the room they are in is full of natural light so I don't disturb them when they are looking for food. Sorry for the long reply and sorry it is a little later than you probably expected but it's better late than never.
Tom

King Dojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanx tom Its no problem my internet has been down.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
King Dojo said:
Do they constantly hord away or are they out sometimes. Im intrested in getting some but I dont know if they will just hide and be a lifeless fish. I also have sand that they might constantly borrow in.
Hi King Dojo. We got ours 2 days ago and they do ANYTHING but hide! They are really entertaining to watch (if your eyes are fast enough!).

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom