Two males and a female?

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,091
As I mentioned at 50/55 gallon additions? | 468253 | Aquarium Stocking Questions, I've thought for months that I had a male and two female pearl gouramis, but have started to think the reverse is true. I promised @jingerJosh22 I'd post some pictures to get a second opinion, so here they are.

Here's all three. I'm pretty sure the one on bottom is female.

0809202027b.jpg


. . . and here's one of just that one.

0809202028.jpg


. . . and here's just the other two.

0809202029a.jpg
 

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,280
Both male 100%

Could you get another of the “female”?
It looks male too. But it’s hard to see
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
JettsPapa

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,091
jinjerJOSH22 said:
Could you get another of the “female”?
It looks male too. But it’s hard to see
I'll try tomorrow. It's bedtime for me.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6
OP
JettsPapa

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,091
jinjerJOSH22 said:
4am for me, need to be up by 6 and meeting PascalKrypt at 10.30 :hilarious:
I should do the same
How's she doing? I've missed seeing her here.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #8
OP
JettsPapa

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,091
jinjerJOSH22 said:
Could you get another of the “female”?
It looks male too. But it’s hard to see
Here it is. I've had hopes it's a female, but that hope dies a little more each day.

0811201947b.jpg
0811201948.jpg
 

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,280
JettsPapa said:
Here it is. I've had hopes it's a female, but that hope dies a little more each day.

0811201947b.jpg
0811201948.jpg
It’s also a male, unfortunately?
How have they been together?
I’ve never really seen you complain about them, if they get on quite well, there’s little reason to change things up, although as they get a little older maybe that’ll change.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #10
OP
JettsPapa

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,091
jinjerJOSH22 said:
It’s also a male, unfortunately?
How have they been together?
I’ve never really seen you complain about them, if they get on quite well, there’s little reason to change things up, although as they get a little older maybe that’ll change.
Thanks for replying. They've been squabbling a little more as they get older. I'm about to break that tank down anyway, so I'll probably separate them. (I'm breaking the tank down because it's on my desk. I've been working from home since March. Initially I thought it was only going to be for a few weeks, but just found out it will be until at least December, so it's time to get off the dining room table.)
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
221
Guests online
3,334
Total visitors
3,555

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom