Two Heater ??: Wattage and Recommendations

Georgie Girl

Hi, folks!

Re: wattage: I have a 15g tank to be set up in the next week or two; I'm now gathering equipment. I can't find the heater I want in 50w (except on eBay--in the UK). That heater at 100w and up is available almost everywhere. Is 100w too much for a 15g tank?

Re: recommendations: the heater I'm looking at is the Fluval E50 Advanced Electronic Heater (the one with the glass tube enclosed in a cage-looking thing). I'm a dog with a bone once I find something I really like, but I realize I should be open to other suggestions. So: if not the Fluval heater I've chosen, can you recommend a good heater for a 15g tank?

Thanks!

PS: I'm moving up from a 5g acrylic tank. It's about time.

mattgirl

As long as the heater is adjustable I wouldn't think a 100Watt heater would be a problem in a 15 gallon tank. I would rather have more wattage than necessary instead of something lower. I would think a 100W wouldn't have to work as hard to hold the desired temp.

Upvote 0

PNWBettas

I use a 100w in my 16 and it works great. I also have a 50w in a 20. Its complacently dependent on the heater itself. I would always go higher in wattage though, it means the heater has to be on less and will easily heat the tank.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Redshark1
  • UnknownGuppyLover
  • Heater
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
Replies
Views