Two Filters?

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Carrie1153, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Carrie1153Valued MemberMember

Hi everyone. I am currently running a HOB filter for up to 50 gallons on my 36 gallon aquarium. I have another smaller HOB filter and I was wondering if it would be beneficial to run that one as well. Or is two filters too much. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Carrie

2. aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Try it out. I enjoy having increased water movement in my aqua, plus 2 filters have the benefit of having a back up just in case one fails.

3. Carrie1153Valued MemberMember

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Good point on having a backup filter. I never even thought of that. ☺️

4. Dave125gFishlore LegendMember

It's almost never a bad idea to be over filtered. The only issue you may have is if your fish are uncomfortable with the added current. A few questions. What is the total GPH of both filters, and what kind of fish are in the tank?

5. Carrie1153Valued MemberMember

Hi there. The total GPH of both filters would be 450 GPH and I currently have 3 fancy goldfish. Thanks.

6. Dave125gFishlore LegendMember

That GPH should be fine. Just observe the gold fish to see if its stressing them out.

7. Carrie1153Valued MemberMember

Hi again. Thanks. Will try it out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice