Two Dwarf Gouramis?

1. lschneid Member Member

I have a 20 gallon high and right now I have 5 platys, 2 guppies, and a male dwarf gourami. I would like to get another gourami. Can two male gouramis exist together? I have two filters, one 10 and one 20, so there is plenty of filtration.

2. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Two males can coexist, but it would require a larger tank. Don't do it in this size.

3. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Two male dwarf gouramis will fight badly, often to the death. Females are hard to find.

4. lschneid Member Member

Ok, sounds like I should skip the gourami. They are so pretty though. I was hoping to add some color to my tank.

5. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Why not just do one?

6. lschneid Member Member

I have one. They are so pretty-I was hoping to add some more beauty to my tank by getting another one.

7. canadian92 Member Member

I've had 2 dwarf gouramies in my 46 gallon with a betta all kept to themselves
    But one problem with DWARf gouramies Is they are really fragile and get sick and die very easily

8. Dropszecolorlord Member Member

from what ive seen females are duller in color compared to males. so if your looking for color females may not be the best option. ive seen 3 adult gouramis coexist nicely with a few other fish the most aggressive they were was a poke at each other then they left each other alone. if you had a larger tank maybe it could work if there was enough hiding spots

9. ChiefBrody Member Member

Maybe just add one betta for even more color/beauty

10. FishFish221 Well Known Member Member

A betta and gourami will also fight to the death.

11. Dropszecolorlord Member Member

the betta could be risky he may not do well with a gourami due to the aggressive nature they could only realy work with small fish that are large enough to not fit in his mouth but even thats risky

12. ChiefBrody Member Member

I mean instead of a gourami. The new bettas are ridiculous

13. Dropszecolorlord Member Member

he already had a gourami

14. ChiefBrody Member Member

Ahh ok what about peacock gudgeon

15. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Peacock gudgeons would work well.

16. lschneid Member Member

I haven't heard of a peacock gudgeon. I will have to look into that. Thanks!

17. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

No problem!