Two Dwarf Gourami.

1. B

Btull3911 Valued Member Member

I have a 29 gallon tall tank. 3 guppys 3 platys 3 mollies and 5 sterbai cats and 1 dwarf gourami. I would like to add another neon dwarf or an angel fish. Any suggestions on compatibility.

2. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

i don't think any other fishes should be added

3. hooked-worm77

hooked-worm77 Valued Member Member

I would stick with what you got as well

4. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

anything else might be an overstock unless its more guppies or endlers

5. OP
    OP
    B

I am religious about 50% water changes every week.

6. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

Please never put two Dwarf Gourami's together they will fight till one dies.

7. OP
    OP
    B

Okay. That's what I wanted to know. Thanks.

8. C

Cory & the Catz Valued Member Member

I have had two DG's in my tank for almost two months and no issues but i can't ensure that to be the case for you.

9. V

Vourg New Member Member

i got two dwarf gouramies in my tank both male. not my fault though coz it was bought by my brother. mine did worked out because my tank is long and each end of the tank is planted so each of them got their own territory at opposite parts of the tank. but for a tall tank you must stick to one gourami to be on the safe side.

10. A

Aceranch Valued Member Member

I wouldn't have more than one dwarf gourami in a 29 with any other gourami. If you overfiltered and heavily planted you could add a few more small fish tho. And don't forget the weekly water changes.

11. bNissan

bNissan Valued Member Member

I have a 45 gallon long tank and my dwarf gourami rules the whole thing. Even with many tall plants it would be a recipie for disaster to have two in a 29.