Two different results - why??????

MMac

Hello, everyone.

I recently bought a different drop checker - one that I can actually open to remove content instead of trying to shake things out. This new purchase was a result of a baby panda cory getting stuck and subsequently dying in the drop checker bulb - but, I digress.

I kept the other drop checker in the tank just to see the measurements. What I see now is two different readings. The drop checkers are side by side. The new one reads green and the old one reads blue. The new one has holds less fluid, but should that really matter?

52 gal tank - current bubbles count is about 3 per sec, but that is turned down from earlier when I saw the green coming in on the new checker. Was running probably about 6-7 per sec.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Attachments

• PXL_20220514_170553318.jpg
    PXL_20220514_170553318.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 8

Cherryshrimp420

It depends on the pH of the drop checker fluid, they might be different between the two bulbs

Nopsu

My JBL drop checker came with 3 different scales, each for different KH value. You can also use a co2 chart to calculate how much you are injecting, since pH, co2 and KH are in relation to each other.
CO2 Chart

MMac

It depends on the pH of the drop checker fluid, they might be different between the two bulbs
Interesting. I will refill them both with fluid tonight and see if something changes. Today I am experiencing the same thing. Green in the little -new- checker and blue in the bigger ball checker. Thanks.
My JBL drop checker came with 3 different scales, each for different KH value. You can also use a co2 chart to calculate how much you are injecting, since pH, co2 and KH are in relation to each other.
CO2 Chart
Thanks. UGH...the dreaded CO2 Chart....

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
aidanfish2002
Replies
Views
acjag
Replies
Views
av3ngeme