Two dead cacatuoides this morning =(

QCAquaholic

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I had three until this morning. There were two males and a female. One of the males looked like a female when I purchased him. Both of the dead ones looked pretty beat up. Turf war between the two you think? It's a pretty well planted 20 long with plenty of rocks, spiderwood and a couple of caves.

Latrell

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
QCAquaholic said:
I had three until this morning. There were two males and a female. One of the males looked like a female when I purchased him. Both of the dead ones looked pretty beat up. Turf war between the two you think? It's a pretty well planted 20 long with plenty of rocks, spiderwood and a couple of caves.
Yea it was fighting between males. Rip they’re my dream fish.

OP
QCAquaholic

QCAquaholic

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
One of them was a female. I bought what I thought was a pair from an online store some time back. The smaller one did look like a female, but I noticed over the weekend that her "mohawk" started to develop and tail was getting some color. I would've removed him immediately, but I'm having to recycle my QT tank so nowhere to put him. I made sure that my tank had areas where they could each stake a claim, but apparently that wasn't good enough.

When it rains it pours too. One of the classrooms I watch after has a variety of fish, and the sunset platy was lying motionless on the bottom of the tank this morning.

New Threads