Experience
Just started
in a 2 gal can i have 1 male and one female in a tank

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Nope, in a two gallon tank, you shouldn't even have one betta. Not enough space, and not enough water for steady parameters, in my opinion.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I agree. Two bettas together especially in such a small space would have aggression issues.

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hows bout my twenty gal wich is currently empty as ive been told that bettas naturally live in rice patties and prefer smaller spaces

Aquarium

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Its untrue, you will want approximately 5 gallons for a single male betta. heated and filtered. with 10 always being better

Shine

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Have you ever thought about that statement 'live in rice paddies so like small spaces'? Rice paddies aren't deep... but they are quite large. They can be acres in size... go look up some s. That might give some perspective on that overused petstore 'myth'

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Shine said:
Have you ever thought about that statement 'live in rice paddies so like small spaces'? Rice paddies aren't deep... but they are quite large. They can be acres in size... go look up some s. That might give some perspective on that overused petstore 'myth'
yes i have hence the 1st question and the folowing about the 20 gal

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
izzyfishfarmer said:
yes i have hence the 1st question and the folowing about the 20 gal
I approve of your response. ;D

Okay, so on the 20... you could divide one for your bettas. The only concern I have is that I don't know how deep a 20 is compared to a 10 - with bettas, a shallower tank is preferable, so they can easily go to the surface to breathe. What about a 20 long, divided into 3 sections?

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i have a 20 gal long lol its actually shorter than a 10 gallon i used to have whats a good way to devide the tank so that they all share the same water

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads