Funny Two angels that have a tiff

inari

For those of you who don't know, I have a 55 gallon with several Neons and 2 marble angels and light and dark (we call them Lucifer and Gabriel) These two seem to be inseparable. Where one is the other is not too far behind. Yesterday I found Lucy(Lucifer) begging for food he (I'm assuming) is worse than my two dogs. I didn't see Gab anywhere. So I looked and look and he was on the opposite side of the tank looking like he was pouting. About what I have no idea, but he refused to be anywhere near Lucy all day... this morning apparently they made up because now they are back to hanging out all the time again...

New2fishlovinit

Mine have so much personality as well. I need names. One Pair the female is pampered, the male defers to her for food and guards Her if I walk up to the tank. The other pair the male is uninterested and is himself a picky eater so if the female trys to eat something he does not like he pecks at her ! One pair was a choice the other two were left together(had 4 moved 2 before all sexing was known). The picky eater is the fastest growing and begs for food only to refuse it most of the time. So silly. My angels are the most interactive fish accept maybe for my gourami. They have great vision and can spot me moving across the room. Do you think you have a pair ? Are they Adults even ?

inari

Mine have so much personality as well. I need names. One Pair the female is pampered, the male defers to her for food and guards Her if I walk up to the tank. The other pair the male is uninterested and is himself a picky eater so if the female trys to eat something he does not like he pecks at her ! One pair was a choice the other two were left together(had 4 moved 2 before all sexing was known). The picky eater is the fastest growing and begs for food only to refuse it most of the time. So silly. My angels are the most interactive fish accept maybe for my gourami. They have great vision and can spot me moving across the room. Do you think you have a pair ? Are they Adults even ?
I don't know if I have a pair, they were pulled from two different tanks at the LFS...I have no idea how to tell if they are male or female, my understanding has always been 'wait to see if you get eggs', but right now my heater is about to out I can't get my tank above about 68 degrees...I'm waiting for a replacement from Amazon ATM. On the one hand, I wouldn't mind having a mated pair, but finding a home for all the babies would be a nightmare. I don't have anyone I know locally who wants them.

New2fishlovinit

Oh boy warm them up slowly but yeah they will want 80+ if they can get it lol Mine were fine at 78 but I’ve upped it now. How big are they ? That will help with maturity assessment - males have a more pointy part on the bottom and females a more rounded one. Essentially with just two you can wait and if you see eggs you will know you have at least one gal. Breeding angles will make life in the whole tank hectic. But wait and see and warm em up brrrr my apartment is warmer than that !

inari

Oh boy warm them up slowly but yeah they will want 80+ if they can get it lol Mine were fine at 78 but I’ve upped it now. How big are they ? That will help with maturity assessment - males have a more pointy part on the bottom and females a more rounded one. Essentially with just two you can wait and if you see eggs you will know you have at least one gal. Breeding angles will make life in the whole tank hectic. But wait and see and warm em up brrrr my apartment is warmer than that !
Yeah, I had a 200 Watt heater for a 55-gallon tank it was on full blast, I was waiting for a new heater so I could test the heater out and start warming the water up. I start off by seeing if it even works in a 5-gallon bucket. then starting on the lowest setting and upping the temp 1 to 2 degrees every other day. Once I get in the 78 to 80 range I will be good I think LOL. On the one had I hope they are a mated pair but on the other hand I hope they aren't, I don't know what I would do with a million tiny angel fish LOL

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Blacksheep1
Replies
Views
SpecialPatrolGroup
Replies
Views
BlackTeeShirt
Replies
Views