Two 36x18 Stands For 125g

1. MC4RKiller Member Member

I am tossing around the idea of buying a Clear for Life Acrylic 125G primarily due to the fact that it can be shipped to my door and is considerably lighter weight than a glass version. I do not have a vehicle or know anyone with a vehicle large enough to transport a 6ft tank...which is primarily the reason Ive gone with various 4ft setups.

Now comes the question of the stand...again I perhaps could purchase one locally but I cannot transport it and shipping would be insane on a stand that large...and I cannot find any assemble yourself 72x18 stands online.

Thus I am asking of two 36x18" stands would work? I know in theory they would support the weight given that the Aquatic Fundamentals ones I am looking at can do for a 65G aquarium. I would be placing a piece of plywood on top cut to size(I can transport this as it can stick up between the front seats in my SUV) and a piece of styro.

Thoughts?

2. Jayd976 Member Member

i mean as long as they were both perfectly level with one another sure why would it work. I would also maybe bolt them together to prevent them from separating at all.

3. MC4RKiller Member Member

My floor isnt really level...Ive never lived in a house that had level floors. lol With that said would it be better to go with two of the 36x18 stands which were easier to level such as the Brooklyn stands with the adjustable feet?

Acrylic is a bit more forgiving than glass, I will also have a piece of styro on top of the plywood to help even things out.

4. AngelTheGypsy Fishlore VIP Member

I think it would work, but you could also use the precut wood tops from lowes. It's not much more expensive and I think it would look much better. They come in specific sizes and are ready to finish, so you could stain and seal it and it could look like a nice counter, and be more water friendly

5. MC4RKiller Member Member

Yes I was going to get a nicer grade of furniture quality plywood and paint/stain it. Even though the tank will be going into a dedicated fish room I still dont want it to look terrible. I can cope with some things but not bare wood ugly wood.

This is encouraging and I will certainly be happy to get back into the 6ft tank game again. Been about 5 years since I moved and parted with my 150G.