Twitchy/jerky movements Question

1. zinnaerris

zinnaerris Valued Member Member

I know I post a lot about my little honey gourami. I'm sorry for bugging everyone again.
    My little guy is about an inch big. We've had him for a month and a halfish.... Closer to 2 months.
    He's been weak and pale since we got him. When we first got him, he was so weak he got stuck to the filter for a few seconds and hurt his feeler thingy.
    The other honey gourami is a big female and she had recently started picking on him. So I moved him to a 5 gallon in hopes he would get a bit bigger, stronger and healthier before putting him back in with the others.
    His color is coming out a tiny bit already. He was almost white/transparent. However he is now doing something odd. When he moves around its not smooth fluid movements its kind of jerky... Not big jerky movements but its definitely noticeable if you watch him closely.
    Hes social with me and eats well.
    Hes just so thin and not healthy looking. I dont have any idea what to do.
    I dont want to give up on him but i know theres something and I cant find anything that points to what I see. Its almost neuorological and something else...
    Sorry for the rant.
    Im just at a total loss.
    Anybody have any ideas or suggestions? Im open to anything.
    Oh also the basics... Ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 10 ph 7.8 ish weekly water changes like clockwork every Saturday morning. I used to feed them flake food but switched to nls thera +a.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

Have you considered he might have velvet? It would be hard to see on him... he's the same color as the parasite.

I ask because twitching is one of the very common early symptoms in wild type bettas, and even sometimes in livebearers. Might be something to look into ;) It's easily taken care of with salt and heat.

3. OP
    OP
    zinnaerris

zinnaerris Valued Member Member

Thank you! I will look into that.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app