Twin Peaks Themed Tank

• Thread starter oliviagabb
  • Start date

oliviagabb

Hi guys! I'm cycling my 20 gal currently and when it's done I wanted to do a Twin Peaks theme. I'm thinking about some sunburst mickey mouse platys for the "fire walk with me" symbolism. I also wanted some algae eaters (considering it's close to a window), and some plants, any ideas for those? I also have this cool log decoration that reminds me of log lady :)

Attachments

faydout

Well Known
I so hoped this was about the tv show instead of a scape with two mountain peaks in it. So happy when I saw the fire walk with me reference. The best I can come up with for algae eaters are cherry shrimp (for the number of cherry pie references in the show). Some sort of Wrapped in Plastic nod would be awesome if you can pull it off.

oliviagabb

Cherry shrimp would be so cute, I love them! Although, I've never owned them before so I wouldn't know how well to take care of them. My cousin is an artist, and a huge fish person too, and is going to paint me a background for it!! She had in mind a forest with mountains hiding in the background, and when you get close to the tank and really look into it you can see the them. Also, do you have any suggestions for plants, I was thinking vallisneria, only because it drapes over the top and would be a cool shadowy effect

faydout

Well Known
I wouldn't be the one to answer how to pull it off, but maybe an underwater pine tree using bonsai?

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known
Such an awesome theme for a tank! Need a coffee cup and some cherry pie

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known
Be really cool if you could like do only black fish and white fish to represent the Black and White lodges.

oliviagabb

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Be really cool if you could like do only black fish and white fish to represent the Black and White lodges.
Yeah! I was thinking about some nerite snails because they have stripes on them, kinda similar to the jagged black and white floor of the Red Room

CTYankee79

I love this!

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known
oliviagabb said:
Yeah! I was thinking about some nerite snails because they have stripes on them, kinda similar to the jagged black and white floor of the Red Room
Snails could also reperesent the dwarf.

Top Bottom