Twig and Royal Farowella Whiptail Issues

Oceanpup

Hi! I’m a bit anxious concerning my tank due to a suspected Ich outbreak, but the medications used (Ich X, Ich attack herbal formula, and heat) had little to no effect (besides killing my plants).

On top of my anxiety, I’ve been told from experienced fish keepers (2 weeks into Ich X treatment) that the spots may not be symptomatic of the ich parasite, but rather could be skin irritations by the Ich-X revised treatment by Hikari chemist on the phone yesterday (e.g. started 1/2 dosage for the first day, and increased in dosage by 1/4 until treatment continues until the normal dosage, and three days past without ich spots for twig catfish per liason two weeks ago). I would be grateful if a member can confirm the issue at hand and the subsequent solutions.

Lastly, my tank is going through a mini-cycle due to the Ich-X medication and amount of dying plant matter; what can I do? Other inhabitants in the tank include mystery snail, two bamboo shrimps, and a vampire shrimp.

Water Parameters (2 weeks ago):

• Ammonia: 0, Nitrite: 0, Nitrate: 10-15ppm (dependent on live plants and WCs twice a week). Water temp: 76-80F (during the day and night).
• Tank Size: 30gal
• Marineland 200 BioWheel, TopFin 10, and large airstone for current and oxygenation.
• Contains a heater, but is currently off due to the ambient summer heat.

Current Parameters (after 1 hrs duration from today’s WC) for stabilized readings:
• Ammonia: ~0.25ppm due to affected dying plants (manually removed when sighted).
• Nitrites: 0.5ppm
• Nitrates: 5ppm
• PH: 7.2
GH: 12
• KH: 6

WC and Treatment: 1/3 to 1/2 WC every day before dosage of Ich-X medication with ClorAm-X (i.e. safe to use in conjunction per Hikari chemist and verbal confirmation). Gravel vacuum once every three days.

Attached are a couple close ups of the most affected farowella that I have. :(

please help. Thank you

18DF1BB7-1850-4CDE-AEE0-47C473B7A4E9.jpeg

Attachments

• 1B86DEF9-CFA0-4CD5-944D-40A457DDE2D5.png
    1B86DEF9-CFA0-4CD5-944D-40A457DDE2D5.png
    801.6 KB · Views: 19

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Norbyland
Replies