Tuxedo Koi Guppies...

emeraldking
I've got three different strains of koi guppies: Albino koi, platinum koi and tuxedo koi.
The tuxedo koi has got a grey based body. Once they start coloring up, the flank till their shoulder will turn grey, black or even dark blue. A red nose marking (kuchibeni) will show up and both caudal and dorsal fin will mainly turn red. But with some females it might only be the cuadal fin. But ideally also the dorsal should be red.
On the shoulder with some males there's also a white or silvery platinum marking. And on the males's head will show a red marking.
They're absolutely gorgeous fancy guppies to look at. But just like the other koi varieties, there's a price that comes with it. That's the only less pleasant side of it...

DSCF2162a.JPG

DSCF2161a.JPG

DSCF2158b.jpg

DSCF2153a.JPG

DSCF2146a.JPG

Fanatic
I need some of these!
So pretty

JAMarlow
You said "That's the only less pleasant side of it..."? Are there other not so pleasant side to these guppies?

By the way, they look gorgeous!

Blitzar
I was staring at your pictures for so long, I dribbled a little. Don't worry, it's just because your fish are so gourgeous...

Ohio Mark
Beautiful!! I want some!

emeraldking
You said "That's the only less pleasant side of it..."? Are there other not so pleasant side to these guppies?

By the way, they look gorgeous!
Nope! Just the price...

aussieJJDude
These are amazing! Look forward to the day they hit Auz markets!

emeraldking
These are amazing! Look forward to the day they hit Auz markets!
I'm surprised that you guys don't have them yet. Australia is closer to Thailand and Malaysia. In those countries these koi guppies are already present.

aussieJJDude
I'm surprised that you guys don't have them yet. Australia is closer to Thailand and Malaysia. In those countries these koi guppies are already present.
Strict quarantine laws sometimes result in aus folk waiting a few extra years for the new strains to become available...

Allinone
I like them so much...

emeraldking
Strict quarantine laws sometimes result in aus folk waiting a few extra years for the new strains to become available...
A bit of a shame though... But I do understand.

emeraldking
Tuxedo red koi guppy.
There's a difference between the intensity of the red markings between the individual guppies. The same goes for the grey till black coloration on their bodies.

livebearer1 341.jpg

livebearer4 393a.jpg

livebearer4 391a.jpg

livebearer1 218.jpg

RainBetta
Nice. You're gonna have lots of fry very soon

Platylover
Pretty! I really like the female to the left in the first photo. She’s beautiful.

I’m fairly certain he has tons of fry all the time considering all the strains he’s got!

RainBetta
I'm fairly certain he has tons of fry all the time considering all the strains he’s got!
Is emeraldking a breeder?

Platylover
Oh yeah, he can tell you more but he has a ton of them. Beautiful fish too. I think he’s made a few strains as well.

emeraldking
Not quite...!
My experience with these tuxedo red kois is that the females tend to get much bigger than this before any fry will be dropped.
I am...
And not only guppies but also other rare livebearers (both wild and fancy strains). A passion that holds ever since the 1970's...
Oh yeah, he can tell you more but he has a ton of them. Beautiful fish too. I think he’s made a few strains as well.
I do have some own created strains which have been distributed as well. It's an investment of time but oh so worthwhile the effort...

Platylover
Not quite...!
My experience with these tuxedo red kois is that the females tend to get much bigger than this before any fry will be dropped.

I am...
And not only guppies but also other rare livebearers (both wild and fancy strains). A passion that holds ever since the 1970's...

I do have some own created strains which have been distributed as well. It's an investment of time but oh so worthwhile the effort...

What strains did you make? I’m sure it’s worth all the effort! I’d love to be able to make a strain myself and be able to see my strains around. It would be so cool!

emeraldking
What strains did you make? I’m sure it’s worth all the effort! I’d love to be able to make a strain myself and be able to see my strains around. It would be so cool!
I have created some endler hybrid strains and some guppy strains through the years. Some are already mentioned on my own website. When I'll have some more spare time left, I'll post them all overthere. And I do have to mention that my website needs some urgent updating.

WinterSoldier.
Wow! Gosh you are lucky! Where do you find these amazing strains?

Platylover
Magic

emeraldking
It seems that the availability of guppy strains is more variable in Western-Europe in comparison to the States. But I do have to admit that I do work with a specific network of breeders, which gives me the chance to get my hands on certain guppy strains as well. Specifically when it concerns guppy strains coming from the higher segment ( so, not specifically commercial strains).

Here are some koi juveniles...

livebearer5 068a.jpg

livebearer5 071c.jpg

livebearer5 069.jpg

emeraldking
Overhere some pics of my Tuxedo red koi guppies at different ages...
Even the female with the purple tail came from the tuxedo koi guppies and does reproduce normal tuxedo red koi offspring.

IMG_8631.JPG
IMG_8630.JPG
IMG_8629.JPG

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
emeraldking
Replies
Views
BradleyH2O
Top Bottom