Tuxedo Koi Guppies...

emeraldking

Member
I've got three different strains of koI guppies: Albino koi, platinum koI and tuxedo koi.
The tuxedo koI has got a grey based body. Once they start coloring up, the flank till their shoulder will turn grey, black or even dark blue. A red nose marking (kuchibeni) will show up and both caudal and dorsal fin will mainly turn red. But with some females it might only be the cuadal fin. But ideally also the dorsal should be red.
On the shoulder with some males there's also a white or silvery platinum marking. And on the males's head will show a red marking.
They're absolutely gorgeous fancy guppies to look at. But just like the other koI varieties, there's a price that comes with it. That's the only less pleasant side of it...




 

Fanatic

Member
I need some of these!
So pretty
 

JAMarlow

Member
You said "That's the only less pleasant side of it..."? Are there other not so pleasant side to these guppies?

By the way, they look gorgeous!
 

lilabug4545

Member
I was staring at your pictures for so long, I dribbled a little. Don't worry, it's just because your fish are so gourgeous...
 

Ohio Mark

Member
Beautiful!! I want some!
 
  • Thread Starter

emeraldking

Member
JAMarlow said:
You said "That's the only less pleasant side of it..."? Are there other not so pleasant side to these guppies?

By the way, they look gorgeous!
Nope! Just the price...
 

aussieJJDude

Member
These are amazing! Look forward to the day they hit Auz markets!
 
  • Thread Starter

emeraldking

Member
aussieJJDude said:
These are amazing! Look forward to the day they hit Auz markets!
I'm surprised that you guys don't have them yet. Australia is closer to Thailand and Malaysia. In those countries these koI guppies are already present.
 

aussieJJDude

Member
emeraldking said:
I'm surprised that you guys don't have them yet. Australia is closer to Thailand and Malaysia. In those countries these koI guppies are already present.
Strict quarantine laws sometimes result in aus folk waiting a few extra years for the new strains to become available...
 

Allinone

Member
I like them so much...
 
  • Thread Starter

emeraldking

Member
aussieJJDude said:
Strict quarantine laws sometimes result in aus folk waiting a few extra years for the new strains to become available...
A bit of a shame though... But I do understand.
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view



Top Bottom