Tuxedo Koi Guppies...

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've got three different strains of koi guppies: Albino koi, platinum koi and tuxedo koi.
The tuxedo koi has got a grey based body. Once they start coloring up, the flank till their shoulder will turn grey, black or even dark blue. A red nose marking (kuchibeni) will show up and both caudal and dorsal fin will mainly turn red. But with some females it might only be the cuadal fin. But ideally also the dorsal should be red.
On the shoulder with some males there's also a white or silvery platinum marking. And on the males's head will show a red marking.
They're absolutely gorgeous fancy guppies to look at. But just like the other koi varieties, there's a price that comes with it. That's the only less pleasant side of it...
DSCF2162a.JPG

DSCF2161a.JPG

DSCF2158b.jpg

DSCF2153a.JPG

DSCF2146a.JPG

JAMarlow

Valued Member
Reaction score
You said "That's the only less pleasant side of it..."? Are there other not so pleasant side to these guppies?

By the way, they look gorgeous!

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I was staring at your pictures for so long, I dribbled a little. Don't worry, it's just because your fish are so gourgeous...

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
JAMarlow said:
You said "That's the only less pleasant side of it..."? Are there other not so pleasant side to these guppies?

By the way, they look gorgeous!
Nope! Just the price...

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
aussieJJDude said:
These are amazing! Look forward to the day they hit Auz markets!
I'm surprised that you guys don't have them yet. Australia is closer to Thailand and Malaysia. In those countries these koi guppies are already present.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
emeraldking said:
I'm surprised that you guys don't have them yet. Australia is closer to Thailand and Malaysia. In those countries these koi guppies are already present.
Strict quarentine laws sometimes result in aus folk waiting a few extra years for the new strains to become available...

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
aussieJJDude said:
Strict quarentine laws sometimes result in aus folk waiting a few extra years for the new strains to become available...
A bit of a shame though... But I do understand.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom