Turtle and??

Discussion in 'Reptiles' started by FallenOwl, Jun 12, 2016.

1. FallenOwl

FallenOwlWell Known MemberMember

I have a 20 gallon long tank for my baby (month old) box turtle, Echo.
    I was wondering if I could put any other reptile in with her (lizard, another turtle, etc.)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  2. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

I would say no and he or she will need a bigger tank. Eventually. What kind of box turtle do you have, and do you know how big it will get at full size? However as babies you could probably keep 2 and just upgrade to a larger terrarium , or let them loose in the house when they are big enough not to get stepped , or eaten by the family dog. Or make an outside habitat for them or on an inside screened porch if you have one you could make a great turtle pen. A man that I know keeps two box turtles in a 100 gallon terrarium but also takes them out in the yard for supervised play time. Alison

3. OP
    OP
    FallenOwl

I don't know what kind she is (I'll post a picture soon), and I know she's going to eventually going to need a bigger tank.
    When she does get bigger, I'll let her roam around the house and outside (supervised).
    Just curious, why can't she be kept with a lizard with them same temperature requirements?

4. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

I wouldn't take the chance with them biting or injuring each other . a 20 gal doesn't give them the room to keep away from each other. It is just my thought process. Hopefully more people will respond that keep lizards and turtles. I used to keep turtles but they were aquatic species. I have never kept lizards but living in Fla for the last 9 years, I have a yard full of them. Cuban Brown anoles. Alison:;hi1

5. OP
    OP
    FallenOwl

Another question
    How do I get her to eat berries/vegetables? She only eats things that are moving.
    (Another answer to the previous question would be helpful also)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice