Turtle and frogs

Discussion in 'Our Other Pets' started by Meheytavel, Jul 30, 2015.

1. MeheytavelNew MemberMember

Hi

Does anyone know if there would be a problem with putting a turtle (red eye) in the same aquarium with a frog?

Thanks

2. kidster9700

kidster9700Well Known MemberMember

As far as I know, most turtles are evil and will eat or kill anything else in its enclosure. At least fish-wise. I would assume frogs would be just as likely to die because they are also squishy.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. ricmcc

ricmccWell Known MemberMember

ADFs, which I assume that you mean, and red eared sliders have entirely different needs (especially as to lighting) and should not be kept together.
    Also, the turtle will eventually eat the frog, which is another argument against keeping them together:).
    BTW, red eared sliders get to be about a foot or more, and require a great deal of space. If you have the space, a rigid children's pool works well.
    Best to you, rick

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  4. OP
    OP
    M

MeheytavelNew MemberMember

Thanks, everyone. Sounds like a bad idea ☺

5. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to the forum. Alison

6. ricmcc

ricmccWell Known MemberMember

Turtles are NOT evil. They are just misunderstood:). Best to you, rick

7. Nakro7

Nakro7New MemberMember

Turtles are work but fun to have..although best housed with a similar species. Bottom line, if it moves and is in the same tank or terrarium and is not specie specjfic..it's a snack. Turtles are territorial, had several terrariums I built and flipped..and would do it all over again. Red ear sliders and soft shells are fun..just have a good sized habitat they can grow in and clean frequently. Enjoy!

8. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to the forum. Alison

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice