Turing a article into a profile. Attn. Mods

Amazoniantanklvr

Mod question.
I wrote an article on dwarf flag ciclids. I was wondering if one of u, Mike or I could turn that article into a profile. Just wondering. Thx

Mike
Lucy
Lchi87
jdhef

Can you answer?

jkkgron2

Coradee

Amazoniantanklvr

sorry Coradee, I didn't mean to forget you.

Coradee

Hi, only Mike can sort the profiles & I think it can only be either an article or a profile, not both, anyways hang on for Mike’s input.

Amazoniantanklvr

IS there a place where I can make a profile??

Coradee

Hi, I’ve already asked that you wait for Mike’s input please be patient.

Sprinkle

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Mod question.
I wrote an article on dwarf flag ciclids. I was wondering if one of u, Mike or I could turn that article into a profile. Just wondering. Thx
Good luck

Amazoniantanklvr

Coradee said:
Hi, I’ve already asked that you wait for Mike’s input please be patient.
No I'm saying for the future. If I ever want to make a profile for another fish.

ryanr

Amazoniantanklvr said:
IS there a place where I can make a profile??
Amazoniantanklvr said:
No I'm saying for the future. If I ever want to make a profile for another fish.
Hi, welcome to Fishlore,
The short answer is no, members can't create profile pages.

The longer answer:
There are two parts to Fishlore, the site itself (fishlore.com), and part of the site is the forum. The profiles are part of the site content, not the forum, and all site content is maintained by Mike. Site content is basically anything that is not preceded with fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum in the address.

Members can contribute to most things within the forum, sometimes content from the forum is re-produced into site content, sometimes it stays in the forum. Search engines will find the content regardless of where it is.

In fact, it's probably been quite sometime since content from the forum was re-produced to site content, not for any reason other than the site content is more difficult to maintain (it requires Mike), unlike forum content that can be maintained by the community/members and of course moderators can generally always jump in and re-open a thread, or edit content.

Amazoniantanklvr

Ok thanks for the clarifacation

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom