Tumor? Help

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Raychel, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Raychel

RaychelNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +7
    Experience:
    1 year
    My Guppy has what looks like a tumor under his chest. It’s not swim bladder - we’ve done the fasting and the pea. His waste was a little white and stringy, so I put parasite meds in. His waste is fine now, but this thing on his chest never goes away. He’s not pineconing - I’ve used Kanaplex, Prazipro, Furan-2 - nothing works.

He swims fine, he eats fine, but there’s never any change in the size of that thing (growth? tumor? swelling?). He has literally been like this for weeks. He’s currently in a heated hospital bowl with the parasite meds. I dont know what else to do.

IMG_7777.
    IMG_7773.
    IMG_7774.

2. Momgoose56

Momgoose56Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +2,526
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    How old is he? It could be a tumor but that looks more like a birth defect to me. It looks like internal organs bulging through the anterior chest/ abdominal wall. He seems almost dwarfish to me. His back half is disproportionately short and thick in relation to the abdominal/chest area. His head seems abnormally large compared to his body and his spinal curvature looks wrong too. Can guppys have dwarfism? You've treated him for everything under the sun. I'd put him back in the tank witn the other fish.

3. OP
    OP
    Raychel

RaychelNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +7
    Experience:
    1 year
    He’d over a year old. He used to be pink and leopard print - very pretty, but his color is all gone. I don’t want to put him back for two reasons: they might see somethings wrong with him and eat him, or he may have something contagious. I dont know what is wrong, so I can’t take that chance right now. He’s doing fine, but I’d really like to see him well.

4. Momgoose56

Momgoose56Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +2,526
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    You may be right then. It may very well be a tumor. :-(