Help Tumor?

Raychel

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My Guppy has what looks like a tumor under his chest. It’s not swim bladder - we’ve done the fasting and the pea. His waste was a little white and stringy, so I put parasite meds in. His waste is fine now, but this thing on his chest never goes away. He’s not pineconing - I’ve used Kanaplex, Prazipro, Furan-2 - nothing works.

He swims fine, he eats fine, but there’s never any change in the size of that thing (growth? tumor? swelling?). He has literally been like this for weeks. He’s currently in a heated hospital bowl with the parasite meds. I don't know what else to do.

IMG_7777.jpg

IMG_7773.jpg

IMG_7774.jpg

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Raychel said:
My Guppy has what looks like a tumor under his chest. It’s not swim bladder - we’ve done the fasting and the pea. His waste was a little white and stringy, so I put parasite meds in. His waste is fine now, but this thing on his chest never goes away. He’s not pineconing - I’ve used Kanaplex, Prazipro, Furan-2 - nothing works.

He swims fine, he eats fine, but there’s never any change in the size of that thing (growth? tumor? swelling?). He has literally been like this for weeks. He’s currently in a heated hospital bowl with the parasite meds. I don't know what else to do.

IMG_7777.jpg

IMG_7773.jpg

IMG_7774.jpg
How old is he? It could be a tumor but that looks more like a birth defect to me. It looks like internal organs bulging through the anterior chest/ abdominal wall. He seems almost dwarfish to me. His back half is disproportionately short and thick in relation to the abdominal/chest area. His head seems abnormally large compared to his body and his spinal curvature looks wrong too. Can guppys have dwarfism? You've treated him for everything under the sun. I'd put him back in the tank witn the other fish.

OP
Raychel

Raychel

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He’d over a year old. He used to be pink and leopard print - very pretty, but his color is all gone. I don’t want to put him back for two reasons: they might see somethings wrong with him and eat him, or he may have something contagious. I don't know what is wrong, so I can’t take that chance right now. He’s doing fine, but I’d really like to see him well.

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Raychel said:
He’d over a year old. He used to be pink and leopard print - very pretty, but his color is all gone. I don’t want to put him back for two reasons: they might see somethings wrong with him and eat him, or he may have something contagious. I don't know what is wrong, so I can’t take that chance right now. He’s doing fine, but I’d really like to see him well.
You may be right then. It may very well be a tumor. :-(

New Threads