Help Tumor On My Loach?

Courtenay

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I recently purchased a weather loach last week and when I got home and he was in his bag I noticed a small bump under his "chin" I really didn't think much of it. I'll post pictures of the day I got him until today.
He's a happy fish, swims around perfectly, plays, eats perfect. I have small rounded gravel (nothing that would get in his mouth) he lives in a 36 gallon with 2 rainbow fish, honey gourami, 4 orange von rios, a brown spotted BN pleco, and some ram snails.
I have checked my water, ph is at 7, amm .3 (did 30% w/c), no2 0 and no3 0. I have an aquaclear 50 and a Aquatop sponge filter for up to 60 gallons running for filters and my sponge filter that also acts as a bubbler.
Can anyone please help? Hes a happy fish and I know I can't remove it but am I looking at his life shortened? Is this common? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Also all my fish are peaceful, it's planted and has many places for hiding.

Top picture is from today
Bottom is when I got him

Attachments

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It doesn't look like an infection so I assume you're right. Also the fish behaving normal points towards tumour-tissue.
In that case there is nothing you can do besides giving it a good and happy life (what you're clearly doing). Keep an eye on it and only treat when it gets infected.
We don't know how progressive it will grow, so lifespan is unknown.
It looks quite healthy !

OP
Courtenay

Courtenay

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
DoubleDutch said:
It doesn't look like an infection so I assume you're right. Also the fish behaving normal points towards tumour-tissue.
In that case there is nothing you can do besides giving it a good and happy life (what you're clearly doing). Keep an eye on it and only treat when it gets infected.
We don't know how progressive it will grow, so lifespan is unknown.
It looks quite healthy !
Thank you so much for your advice and help!

New Threads