Tubiflex Worms & Guppies - How Much??

voiceless_kat
Tonight I decided to give my guppies a square of tubiflex worms, on a veggie clip. As I thought they would, they went nuts feeding, and afforded me with an awesom photo op, which I will be posting soon. they couldn't be any cuter!!

Anyway, when they were full, they swam away, but each time one went back, they all did, and I am thinking that perhaps one whole cube is too much...too rich???

I took the cube out, and now my cories are having their turn on it.

Does anyone know how long a cube should be left in? Should they get the whole thing?

I am thinking either daphnia or pea treat tomorrow to ensure these cute guys aren't all bunged up.

I appreciate any advice. Val:;pumpkin

( the chubby girl is "Fat Fish" - very pregnant sweetie) Also shows "Black fish" - male; Yellow Fish and Blue Fish)

COBettaCouple
I think the maximum would be 12 hours.

voiceless_kat
Wow, you're fast Dave!! But did ya see the pics??? OMG they are soooooooo cute!

Well, I am sure they will be happy to get it back. I thought it would be too much for the 4 of them!! Thanks.

COBettaCouple
yea, they're beauties!

TheEssigs
I'm not sure, but I think the cube may be a little too much. I use a whole cube to feed 16 fish. But I also can be entirely wrong. I would just keep an eye on them to see if they get big fat bellies and/or constipated in the next few hours. If so, I would limit their food tomorrow.

They are very nice looking guppies!!

Barbrella
That is way too much food, and guppies will eat til they die. I know, I made that mistake many years ago.

I would not feed those kinds of worms - compressed cubes - since they swell inside the stomachs of the fish.

You can get the freeze dried worms, and they are all separate or frozen bloodworms which are much better.

2 or 3 of them, (if freezedried, then presoaked) would be enough for each guppy.

I wouldn't feed them anything for a day or two!

COBettaCouple
oh.. i'm really sorry, I didn't get that you were putting the cube back in.. yea, i'd only let them eat at it a few minutes since they won't stop really.. just with other fish that nibble more, like corys.. food should be taken out in 12 hrs or less.

voiceless_kat
I'm not sure, but I think the cube may be a little too much. I use a whole cube to feed 16 fish. But I also can be entirely wrong. I would just keep an eye on them to see if they get big fat bellies and/or constipated in the next few hours. If so, I would limit their food tomorrow.

They are very nice looking guppies!!

Yikes!!!

Well, they only had it for about 10 minutes, and I removed it from their tank. I gave it to the cories, and then removed it from their tank. ( I never did put it back into the guppy tank) Hopefully I haven't done any damage to my little guppy friends - I got them on a fluke, and promptly fell in love with them.

I just went and checked on them, and Black Fish ( male) looks a little round. I won't feed them tomorrow and on Sunday maybe a bit of Daphnia or bits of Pea, or should they not have anything?

I am pretty sure that Blue Fish & Yellow fish are also pregnant, they already had round tummies, although nothing like Fat Fish.

Nightmares ahead tonight, I can tell. I will be getting up to check on them:'( Hope they are ok!

Please advise. Thanks for your help, guys! Val

voiceless_kat
oh.. i'm really sorry, I didn't get that you were putting the cube back in.. yea, i'd only let them eat at it a few minutes since they won't stop really.. just with other fish that nibble more, like corys.. food should be taken out in 12 hrs or less.

Not to worry, Dave, I didn't put it back into the tank. I started downloading photos and then got in to a television show, so was distracted - Thank goodness!

They did go crazy - I didn't know they would just keep eating - just like our betta boys!! Naughty brats!>

I hope I didn't learn this lesson too late!:'(

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for getting back to me.

Val

fishgirl
I brake-up the tubiflex worm cubes when I do feed them to my platys and danios.

COBettaCouple
alright! no, I don't think you let them have too much in the order that it would harm them, but I think they'd not be hurt at all by a 2-3 day fast, followed by a day or 2 of pea bits.

I've only once seen our platys stop eating when food was in there.. when we were just starting out & didn't know better and put about 4 or 5 algae wafers in their tank.. they were almost like round balls when we got home later that day. and they were fine.. so don't worry about your little livebearers.. they'll be fine too.

Not to worry, Dave, I didn't put it back into the tank. I started downloading photos and then got in to a television show, so was distracted - Thank goodness!

They did go crazy - I didn't know they would just keep eating - just like our betta boys!! Naughty brats!>

I hope I didn't learn this lesson too late!:'(

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for getting back to me.

Val

voiceless_kat
alright! no, I don't think you let them have too much in the order that it would harm them, but I think they'd not be hurt at all by a 2-3 day fast, followed by a day or 2 of pea bits.

I've only once seen our platys stop eating when food was in there.. when we were just starting out & didn't know better and put about 4 or 5 algae wafers in their tank.. they were almost like round balls when we got home later that day. and they were fine.. so don't worry about your little livebearers.. they'll be fine too.

Thanks, Dave. I did get up in the night and check and they were fine. This morning they were fine, and tonight they are fine. I am not feeding them at all today or tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my 5 hour power outage, so wish us well!!

Val

fishgirl
Thanks, Dave. I did get up in the night and check and they were fine. This morning they were fine, and tonight they are fine. I am not feeding them at all today or tomorrow.

Val

What do you mean?
Susan

COBettaCouple
so they're none the worse for their big feast now?

armadillo
You guys seem to get a lot of power outtages. That's outrageous.

Good luck dealing with the frustration, Val. Let's hope it really is only 5 hours.

Val

COBettaCouple
why don't you come online and give us updates during the power outage?

voiceless_kat
why don't you come online and give us updates during the power outage?

Well I did try to contact a techie named Dave something or other...........nothing to do but can't figure out why he didn't call me back..must have been (The voices were very loud - thank goodness they were the only noises in the house!!)

Laure Ann...the power outage was yesterday silly.

Val:;pumpkin

COBettaCouple
why don't you have one today, since the last one was so much fun?

armadillo
Ah well, you obviously survived it because of my retrospective good luck wishes.

Well I did try to contact a techie
Laure Ann...the power outage was yesterday silly.

Val:;pumpkin

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mikerox29
Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
  • armadillo
  • Molly
Replies
Views