Tubifex Worms

MEng

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So I bought a paclage of these tubifex worms and it says to feed you press the cube of worms firmly against the side of the tank and the wish will come eat it. However, the cube doesn't stay on the glass. It sticks for about 5 seconds and then floats to the top where the fish ignore it. Is this a common problem?

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi MEng, I've never heard of such tubifex worms cube that could do this. Hope another member who knows about this will swing by soon.

So you mean the fish just ignore it or they take a few bites then swim away?

MEng

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
it floats up before they have a chance to notice it and they end up not paying any attention to it. I end up having to crumble it up with my fingers for them to eat anything.

ppate1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Let them sit in a cup of tank waterfor tens mins, then put them in.

firemouthfreak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've experienced this problem too. I always found that if i pressed every single corner of the cube down, it would stay longer. (I'm assuming its the Freeze dried variety) Don't let the worms stay floating for more than 3 minutes or try breaking it up. The worms will float and eventually sink, and if your fish don't eat them, you just end up with a very dirty tank. Hope this helps.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I soak mine in fresh garlic juice but they make a huge mess so I only use half a cube

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads