Tss+ Cycling Issue

Discussion in 'Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle' started by queenundertaker, Apr 13, 2018.

1. queenundertaker

queenundertaker New Member Member

It has been 4 days since I did a 100% water chance and added a full dose of TSS+. My ammonia is at 2PPM. What do I do?

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

firstly, you don't do 100% changes, maybe 10% a week. Your going to need to wait 4 weeks now for the levels to stabalize. You need a reading of 0 for ammonia in your aquarium. Hopefully, you don't have anything in your aquarium right now other than decorations and water. If not, get the fish out. Ammonia is toxic at this level.

3. OP
    OP
    queenundertaker

queenundertaker New Member Member

It's a new tank, and it has a betta. That's why TSS+ was used.

4. Dakotablue

Dakotablue Valued Member Member

I'd just be patient. It can take a while for tss to get going. Of course there is the chanch the bottle you received wasn't stirred properly and the bacteria were damaged/killed. I think it's too early to tell. What's your water temperature?

5. Mom2some

Mom2some Well Known Member Member

You used TSS. Follow the instructions & do Nothing for a week at least. If you need to top up the tank at a week you can, but you are not supposed to do anything for 14 days.

If you haven’t read it this might be helpful:
    Q & A With Tetra about Tetra SafeStart
    One of the reasons TSS says not to test is you get wacky results & panic. Don’t.
    Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice