Trying To Stock

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Nichole Bearden, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Nichole BeardenNew MemberMember

Trying to stock a 55 gallon tank and was wondering what kind of fish would be good. We want really colourful schooling fish, and community oriented. Any ideas would be great. The tank has a sand bed and is planted. Has marineland penguin 350 and heated.

2. FlutterFishWell Known MemberMember

1 x Honey Gourami
    12 x Cardinal Tetras
    10 x Panda Corys

Honey Gourami = colorfully gold
    Cardinal Tetra = Really, really bright blue and red
    Panda Cory = Dunno if people think they're colorful, but they're white and black, and extremely cute IMO :)

But I'm not a stocking expert, so I'll call in @Anders247, @TexasDomer and @BeanFish.

3. ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

Just because it would be seriously cool...

20x Celestial Peral Danio
    20x Dwarf Emerald Rasbora
    10x Ember Tetra
    3x Bolivian Rams

An attempt at layers... may want to adjust numbers. But would be so much color and so much behavior as the male CPDs and dwarfs spar to gain mates.

4. aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

Maybe this:

8x cardinal tetras
    8x rummynose tetras
    2x honey gouramis
    2x enlers
    8x aenues cories

5. BeanFishWell Known MemberMember

Am I a stocking expert? Didnt know that :D
    The stocking looks good for the most part, I like that big school of corys, but I am worried that the cardinal tetra would have temp compatibilities with the panda corys.
    If we want to go with panda corys maybe we should change the cardinals for neons and add another honey gourami as from what I have heard honey gouramis are absolutely lovely and enjoy company.
    My inner me would also want to make those neon tetras and corydoras school a tad bigger :rolleyes:
    And I would keep the tank at 23-24 Celsius.

6. Nichole BeardenNew MemberMember

Beautiful ideas

7. JeffKWell Known MemberMember

I think 6-8x bosemani rainbow fish would fit your qualifications: "really colourful schooling fish, and community oriented" Stock 10-12 cories for the bottom, and a pair of German Blue rams (maybe even 2 pair in that size tank!)

8. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Imo, you could do more than that!
    12 boesemani rainbows, 12 sterbai cories, 3 pearl gouramis, and 2 german blue rams is fine.

9. JeffKWell Known MemberMember

I know, I know... I always err on there side of caution! :)

10. John the fishkeeperValued MemberMember

Can i put 6 serpae tetras and 7 black skirt tetras with 5 or 6 tiger barbs in 55 gallon if that isn't over stocked what other fish can put

11. aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

Please don't post a question in another member's thread. Make your own thread and post your question there.

12. JesseMoreira06Well Known MemberMember

4 anglefish (1 male/3 female)
    2 Electric blue rams
    12 harlequin rasboras
    12 sterbais corys

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice