Trying to stock 4 Otocinclus

Gunzer

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm aware that these guys are difficult to maintain as they are very sensitive when being acclimated. I've had four in my tank for a full day now.

My question; Besides the algae in my tank for food, what else can I feed these herbivores. I've read a little about algae wafers but I am currently ingnorant on the topic.

Hoping to be schooled by those that know.

Thank you,

Gunzer

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi Gunzer, my otos don't bother with algae wafers but other members have said that theirs like them.
You can also give fresh veggies. Mine like zucchini softened in the microwave and cooled off.

Gunzer

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks Lucy,

Do you have to weigh the Zucchini down with anything?

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes, it'll float.
Stores sell special clips with suction cups. I think Butterfly uses a fork. I use a wooden skewer wedged at the bottom and top of my tank. You can get creative.

I forgot to mention, I remove the seeds. I usually put the zucchini in at night and take it out in the morning. It can really make a mess if left in too long.

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
My Otto's LOVE zucchini I weigh it down with a fork in my big tank and get creative with skewers in my wither tanks. They don't seem to bother with algae wafers BUT spent loats of time cleaning up my real plants

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads