Trying To Sell A Fish...

LaniKai

So I don't know if I can actually post this here but if I can't please let me know.
So I just got a new fish tank that came with some fish. Unfortunately, it came with some fish that grow too big for it like 3 clown loaches. So I put the fish for sale on craigslist and I asked to know what size tanks people had so these fish could go to proper homes.... Well this guy texted me today and this just makes me sad and how much people don't care about fish.

Also I must not be sane because I would love to have a 600 gallon tank lol

Smalltownfishfriend

That's sad....

KeyboardCat

LaniKai said:
So I don't know if I can actually post this here but if I can't please let me know.
So I just got a new fish tank that came with some fish. Unfortunately, it came with some fish that grow too big for it like 3 clown loaches. So I put the fish for sale on craigslist and I asked to know what size tanks people had so these fish could go to proper homes.... Well this guy texted me today and this just makes me sad and how much people don't care about fish.
People like that disgust me. No regard for any life other than their own. (And also, who wouldn't want a 600g tank XD).

2211Nighthawk

HA! Oh that is funny. (In a morbid way)

Platylover

People are absolute idiots sometimes, like this charming fellow about this issue.
If you haven't already I'd update your listing and put the minimum tank size so you don't get people like this. If you think they are lying about the tank size then I'd request a pic.

BobNJerry

well the fish lore clown barb description suggests a 75 gallon for a group. they suggest 4 for a group and in the comments you read that people have two and they do fine.

Clown Loach

Platylover

The fishlore care sheets are awful to be honest, not reliable at all. The forum aspect is awesome and much better than others I've seen, but the care sheets are another story.
I'd check out more reliable places like seriously fish.

david1978

What fishlore or any site recommends is irrelevant really, what ever op thinks is a good home is who will get them. Perfect example I have given away some female bettas, they go to a minimum of a 10 gallon setup. Seems big but I don't have to get rid of them.

Rtessy

Thank you for not selling them to him! What a bully, I just can't stand the fact that people like that exist

Fanatic

Goodness! That's horrible, simply just rude!
Personally, I love putting up with fights (don't get me wrong) with people that start them with me.
I don't get bothered by it.

But the way this person treated you, that's downright wrong.

Crafty Cichlid

LaniKai said:
I think 100 gallon is the suggested for a school of six. That's the most common recommendation I've seen, at least.

I would just block the guy, but first remind him that these fish can also live for 30 years (according to one LFS owner, who's customer had one of that age that was still thriving, that was five years ago though).

The longest we had one was about 16, with progressively larger tanks (not for the fish's benefit, but because as a family we were more financially able to increase tank size. Now we're better about researching though, because we were sad when the leviathan clown, and kraken beast pleco died.)

Totally different note, there are seller forums on Fishlore, but I can't remember if the minimum posting limit is 30 or 50. Post away, so you can find a good home for fishy.

Ulu

LaniKai
As you get older, I suspect that you will be less willing to engage in these attempts to educate trolls.

You don't have to justify yourself to customers who act like that. They have no expectations of rights to your goods.

I suggest you tell them that the fish have been sold, and just ignore any other message.

It's difficult to walk away from these things without Vindication, but you may eventually realize that in the one-in-a-million event that you should ever get vindication from a fool such as this, it means nothing, and it was never worth your time to pursue.

LaniKai

I'm trying to find someone with around 125 gallons cause that's the minimum I've read for 6 of them. I would totally get a bigger/another tank that could house them but my mother says no lol.
Platylover said:
People are absolute idiots sometimes, like this charming fellow about this issue.
If you haven't already I'd update your listing and put the minimum tank size so you don't get people like this. If you think they are lying about the tank size then I'd request a pic.
I wrote it up last night so I was tired but I'll definitely put the basic requirements on there today.

Rylan

I actually wonder if he’s been refused fish before! I wouldn’t be surprised. He obviously feels very entitled and like you owed it to him sell him your fish. What a jerk. Don’t let it ruin your day. Hopefully that guy will be humbled soon enough. Good job telling him to move on.

LaniKai

I finally blocked him but hey at least some people got a laugh out of it lol

Crafty Cichlid said:
I think 100 gallon is the suggested for a school of six. That's the most common recommendation I've seen, at least.

I would just block the guy, but first remind him that these fish can also live for 30 years (according to one LFS owner, who's customer had one of that age that was still thriving, that was five years ago though).

The longest we had one was about 16, with progressively larger tanks (not for the fish's benefit, but because as a family we were more financially able to increase tank size. Now we're better about researching though, because we were sad when the leviathan clown, and kraken beast pleco died.)

Totally different note, there are seller forums on Fishlore, but I can't remember if the minimum posting limit is 30 or 50. Post away, so you can find a good home for fishy.
I've been trying to get up to 50 posts but I'm running out of tanks to ask questions about lol. I need more fish tanks. As soon as I can I'll post them for sale here.

david1978

Just keep posting on this thread. You will get there.

LaniKai

david1978 said:
Just keep posting on this thread. You will get there.
Just 9 more posts then freedom!

Crafty Cichlid

LaniKai said:
I've been trying to get up to 50 posts but I'm running out of tanks to ask questions about lol. I need more fish tanks. As soon as I can I'll post them for sale here.
Explore the different threads and subforums! There are ones for other pets, gardening, dream set-ups, etc. There's also a link along the menu bar at the top of the site for unanswered threads, you can surf that all day! (Please be careful not to answer if you don't know the answer though!)

You can also compliment my fish tank in this thread, and indvidually rate and reply to each and every tank in this thread!

puffer boi

2211Nighthawk said:
HA! Oh that is funny. (In a morbid way)
lol I'm like that too.

LaniKai

Welp went for 40 messages down to 37 somehow... The system hates me xD
Crafty Cichlid said:
Explore the different threads and subforums! There are ones for other pets, gardening, dream set-ups, etc. There's also a link along the menu bar at the top of the site for unanswered threads, you can surf that all day! (Please be careful not to answer if you don't know the answer though!)

You can also compliment my fish tank in this thread, and indvidually rate and reply to each and every tank in this thread!
I'm always lurking around thinking of answers but I still feel like I'm kinda new to fish keeping so I'm always afraid my answer will be wrong. I am learning so many new things and finding out about fish I've never heard of so hopefully I will be able to help people more.

Crafty Cichlid

LaniKai said:
Welp went for 40 messages down to 37 somehow... The system hates me xD
Hmm, maybe there's an anti-spamming bot, or maybe one of the moderators caught on, and is curbing you. Check your notices, to be safe. No sense getting your account suspended for trying to do right by your fish.

LaniKai said:
I'm always lurking around thinking of answers but I still feel like I'm kinda new to fish keeping so I'm always afraid my answer will be wrong. I am learning so many new things and finding out about fish I've never heard of so hopefully I will be able to help people more.
Haha, well, I directed you to two threads that will help you up your post count. You can also just ask a bunch of oddball questions.

david1978

The mods probably combined some of your posts. The easiet way to up your count would be commenting on either the build threads or the pitcher threads.

aussieJJDude

If that guy was smart enough as he claimed, he would know that they come from borneo or Sumatra.... not thailand...

I get that all the time, especially when I'm selling my plants - like I'm going to give xyz a buce for $25 (which already is a bargain) and some freebies..... I just ignore those people abd like others said, mentioned that I've already had other multiple offers of interest.

trash.binh91

Not to be rude, but if I were you, words would have been said.

LaniKai

trash.binh91 said:
Not to be rude, but if I were you, words would have been said.
Haha I was really thinking about it but I wanted to try and stay civil.

trash.binh91

Roast him.

Bigfella

LaniKai said:

Also I must not be sane because I would love to have a 600 gallon tank lol
I may be interested in purchasing them if you are willing to ship them. I have a 150 gallon tank with 5 Clown Loaches that I've had for nearly 2 years. Message me with how much you are asking for them if you are interested.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom