Trying To Sell A Fish...

LaniKai

Valued Member
Messages
86
Reaction score
20
Points
43
Experience
4 years
So I don't know if I can actually post this here but if I can't please let me know.
So I just got a new fish tank that came with some fish. Unfortunately, it came with some fish that grow too big for it like 3 clown loaches. So I put the fish for sale on craigslist and I asked to know what size tanks people had so these fish could go to proper homes.... Well this guy texted me today and this just makes me sad and how much people don't care about fish.

Also I must not be sane because I would love to have a 600 gallon tank lol
 

Attachments

KeyboardCat

Valued Member
Messages
148
Reaction score
35
Points
53
LaniKai said:
So I don't know if I can actually post this here but if I can't please let me know.
So I just got a new fish tank that came with some fish. Unfortunately, it came with some fish that grow too big for it like 3 clown loaches. So I put the fish for sale on craigslist and I asked to know what size tanks people had so these fish could go to proper homes.... Well this guy texted me today and this just makes me sad and how much people don't care about fish.
People like that disgust me. No regard for any life other than their own. (And also, who wouldn't want a 600g tank XD).
 

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,520
Reaction score
4,943
Points
608
Experience
5 to 10 years
People are absolute idiots sometimes, like this charming fellow about this issue.
If you haven't already I'd update your listing and put the minimum tank size so you don't get people like this. If you think they are lying about the tank size then I'd request a pic.
 

BobNJerry

Valued Member
Messages
311
Reaction score
186
Points
73
Experience
More than 10 years
well the fish lore clown barb description suggests a 75g for a group. they suggest 4 for a group and in the comments you read that people have two and they do fine.

Clown Loach
 

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,520
Reaction score
4,943
Points
608
Experience
5 to 10 years
The fishlore care sheets are awful to be honest, not reliable at all. The forum aspect is awesome and much better than others I've seen, but the care sheets are another story.
I'd check out more reliable places like seriously fish.
 

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Messages
13,528
Reaction score
9,826
Points
758
Experience
More than 10 years
What fishlore or any site recommends is irrelevant really, what ever op thinks is a good home is who will get them. Perfect example i have given away some female bettas, they go to a minimum of a 10 gallon setup. Seems big but i don't have to get rid of them.
 

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Messages
7,090
Reaction score
3,476
Points
448
Experience
4 years
Thank you for not selling them to him! What a bully, I just can't stand the fact that people like that exist
 

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,143
Reaction score
6,105
Points
758
Experience
3 years
Goodness! That's horrible, simply just rude!
Personally, I love putting up with fights (don't get me wrong) with people that start them with me.
I don't get bothered by it.

But the way this person treated you, that's downright wrong.
 

Crafty Cichlid

Well Known Member
Messages
519
Reaction score
208
Points
63
Experience
More than 10 years
LaniKai said:
So I don't know if I can actually post this here but if I can't please let me know.
So I just got a new fish tank that came with some fish. Unfortunately, it came with some fish that grow too big for it like 3 clown loaches. So I put the fish for sale on craigslist and I asked to know what size tanks people had so these fish could go to proper homes.... Well this guy texted me today and this just makes me sad and how much people don't care about fish.
I think 100g is the suggested for a school of six. That's the most common recommendation I've seen, at least.

I would just block the guy, but first remind him that these fish can also live for 30 years (according to one LFS owner, who's customer had one of that age that was still thriving, that was five years ago though).

The longest we had one was about 16, with progressively larger tanks (not for the fish's benefit, but because as a family we were more financially able to increase tank size. Now we're better about researching though, because we were sad when the leviathan clown, and kraken beast pleco died.)

Totally different note, there are seller forums on Fishlore, but I can't remember if the minimum posting limit is 30 or 50. Post away, so you can find a good home for fishy.
 

Ulu

Well Known Member
Messages
1,830
Reaction score
996
Points
148
Experience
More than 10 years
@LaniKai
As you get older, I suspect that you will be less willing to engage in these attempts to educate trolls.

You don't have to justify yourself to customers who act like that. They have no expectations of rights to your goods.

I suggest you tell them that the fish have been sold, and just ignore any other message.

It's difficult to walk away from these things without Vindication, but you may eventually realize that in the one-in-a-million event that you should ever get vindication from a fool such as this, it means nothing, and it was never worth your time to pursue.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #13

LaniKai

Valued Member
Messages
86
Reaction score
20
Points
43
Experience
4 years
I'm trying to find someone with around 125 gallons cause that's the minimum I've read for 6 of them. I would totally get a bigger/another tank that could house them but my mother says no lol.
Platylover said:
People are absolute idiots sometimes, like this charming fellow about this issue.
If you haven't already I'd update your listing and put the minimum tank size so you don't get people like this. If you think they are lying about the tank size then I'd request a pic.
I wrote it up last night so I was tired but I'll definitely put the basic requirements on there today.
 

Rylan

Well Known Member
Messages
849
Reaction score
684
Points
138
Experience
3 years
I actually wonder if he’s been refused fish before! I wouldn’t be surprised. He obviously feels very entitled and like you owed it to him sell him your fish. What a jerk. Don’t let it ruin your day. Hopefully that guy will be humbled soon enough. Good job telling him to move on.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #15

LaniKai

Valued Member
Messages
86
Reaction score
20
Points
43
Experience
4 years
I finally blocked him but hey at least some people got a laugh out of it lol

Crafty Cichlid said:
I think 100g is the suggested for a school of six. That's the most common recommendation I've seen, at least.

I would just block the guy, but first remind him that these fish can also live for 30 years (according to one LFS owner, who's customer had one of that age that was still thriving, that was five years ago though).

The longest we had one was about 16, with progressively larger tanks (not for the fish's benefit, but because as a family we were more financially able to increase tank size. Now we're better about researching though, because we were sad when the leviathan clown, and kraken beast pleco died.)

Totally different note, there are seller forums on Fishlore, but I can't remember if the minimum posting limit is 30 or 50. Post away, so you can find a good home for fishy.
I've been trying to get up to 50 posts but I'm running out of tanks to ask questions about lol. I need more fish tanks. As soon as I can I'll post them for sale here.
 

Crafty Cichlid

Well Known Member
Messages
519
Reaction score
208
Points
63
Experience
More than 10 years
LaniKai said:
I've been trying to get up to 50 posts but I'm running out of tanks to ask questions about lol. I need more fish tanks. As soon as I can I'll post them for sale here.
Explore the different threads and subforums! There are ones for other pets, gardening, dream set-ups, etc. There's also a link along the menu bar at the top of the site for unanswered threads, you can surf that all day! (Please be careful not to answer if you don't know the answer though!)

You can also compliment my fish tank in this thread, and indvidually rate and reply to each and every tank in this thread!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #20

LaniKai

Valued Member
Messages
86
Reaction score
20
Points
43
Experience
4 years
Welp went for 40 messages down to 37 somehow... The system hates me xD
Crafty Cichlid said:
Explore the different threads and subforums! There are ones for other pets, gardening, dream set-ups, etc. There's also a link along the menu bar at the top of the site for unanswered threads, you can surf that all day! (Please be careful not to answer if you don't know the answer though!)

You can also compliment my fish tank in this thread, and indvidually rate and reply to each and every tank in this thread!
I'm always lurking around thinking of answers but I still feel like I'm kinda new to fish keeping so I'm always afraid my answer will be wrong. I am learning so many new things and finding out about fish I've never heard of so hopefully I will be able to help people more.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom