Trying To Save A Pet Store Koi! Help

CharRose
hI there ! It seems I'm always trying to save pet store fish that are in trouble .. when I see them I just can't leave them . Tonight I seen a white koi in a tank , very bent and havifn a hard time , being attacked by a large koi .. I could not leave him to die that so way now he's home .. question is I think he may have internal parasites so I treated him in my 1 gallon hospital tank with parasite guard , prime and stress coat added to the water. Later u came back to find a small whiteish looking worm ( or at least what I think is a worm ) on the bottom of tank .. Am I on the right course with him? can he b saved at this point? Do parasites cause a fish to be bent?
image1.JPG
image2.JPG

TwoHedWlf
Bent spine is one of the symptoms of fish tb. not parasites .

AllieSten
I agree. Bent spine is more indicative of fish TB than parasites. Although he may have parasites too. Be extremely careful. It can be spread very easily. It is one of the only fish diseases that can be spread to humans also. I would definitely do some research on it. See if the symptoms fit. You may need to euthanize and then disinfect everything you have touched. This could be very serious.

CharRose
I agree. Bent spine is more indicative of fish TB than parasites. Although he may have parasites too. Be extremely careful. It can be spread very easily. It is one of the only fish diseases that can be spread to humans also. I would definitely do some research on it. See if the symptoms fit. You may need to euthanize and then disinfect everything you have touched. This could be very serious.
Ahh that is bad news .. I have heard of this so we have been careful but I will take more precautions for now thank u for the advice

AllieSten
KimberlyG CindiL what do you guys think?

jdhef
TB is not the only cause of a bent spine. Many times it is a genetic deformity. While TB needs to be taken seriously, I do not think it is real common.

KimberlyG
I can't see the picture well at all. Is his stomach very bloated?

CindiL
Hi, welcome to the forum

Can you post some more pics of him? close up?
How is his behavior?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
KimberlyG
  • wiley0714
  • Koi
Replies
Views