Trying to get info

Tallen78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Good morning ppl I need some help or rather knowledge can anyone identify this plant for pls and can u also explain why the tops are red in the morning and it fades out by noon or so back to green should it be red or should it be green idk and what should or can I do to correct whatever is taking place unless it’s normal

Attachments

OP
T

Tallen78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
kattiq said:
It looks like it's Bacopa Caroliniana to me?
Bacopa caroliniana - Wikipedia
What type of lighting do you suggest I have a 160 72” long and I have a decent amount of plants I want a strong light that will cover the whole tank

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Could also be Bacopa colorata if it turns red up top

kattiq

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Tallen78 said:
What type of lighting do you suggest I have a 160 72” long and I have a decent amount of plants I want a strong light that will cover the whole tank
Honestly, I have only a nano tank so I wouldn't know what to suggest for you right off the bat. However I would either search around this part of the forum or post specifically what you need.
Lighting Forum

OP
T

Tallen78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
kattiq said:
Honestly, I have only a nano tank so I wouldn't know what to suggest for you right off the bat. However I would either search around this part of the forum or post specifically what you need.
Lighting Forum
I’m new to this so I’m not even sure what I need I hear about high light plants and I have a few different plants in my tank and have no idea if I have sufficient lighting

OP
T

Tallen78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
-Mak- said:
Could also be Bacopa colorata if it turns red up top
Yes every morning the tops are red but by mid day they lose the red coloring I’m not sure what type of plant it is I was wondering why the red at the tops and why does it fade is it my lighting to much or not enough idk?

kattiq

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Tallen78 said:
I’m new to this so I’m not even sure what I need I hear about high light plants and I have a few different plants in my tank and have no idea if I have sufficient lighting
When I started my planted tank, I knew I was only going to do low-light plants, so I researched which ones were easiest. So really all depends on what type of plants and specific requirements they have as far as lighting goes. I've heard the Finnex Stingray or 247+ light is good, along with the Fluval brand.
I went very basic with my plant set up and loosely used the 1 watt per gallon rule. I knew my plants would be low light so I opted for close to 0.5 watt per gallon and they have been growing great. The light I have is 11W and my tank is only 16g.
But in the end it really depends on what plants you intend to keep and if you are going to use other factors to grow them as well. Also depends on the depth of your tank too, if it's a high tank you will need a stronger light to reach the bottom than if you had a shorter tank etc.
It can get really confusing but with the info of what plants you have and their needs you can sort of formulate a plan and go from there.
I hope that helps.

OP
T

Tallen78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
kattiq said:
When I started my planted tank, I knew I was only going to do low-light plants, so I researched which ones were easiest. So really all depends on what type of plants and specific requirements they have as far as lighting goes. I've heard the Finnex Stingray or 247+ light is good, along with the Fluval brand.
I went very basic with my plant set up and loosely used the 1 watt per gallon rule. I knew my plants would be low light so I opted for close to 0.5 watt per gallon and they have been growing great. The light I have is 11W and my tank is only 16g.
But in the end it really depends on what plants you intend to keep and if you are going to use other factors to grow them as well. Also depends on the depth of your tank too, if it's a high tank you will need a stronger light to reach the bottom than if you had a shorter tank etc.
It can get really confusing but with the info of what plants you have and their needs you can sort of formulate a plan and go from there.
I hope that helps.
I believe my light is 60 watts I could be wrong it’s a beamswork DA full spec so if that’s the case I’m way undersized

OP
T

Tallen78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Tallen78 said:
I believe my light is 60 watts I could be wrong it’s a beamswork DA full spec so if that’s the case I’m way undersized
It’s 8000 lumens I don’t even see where it says watts

OP
T

Tallen78

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Tallen78 said:
It’s 8000 lumens I don’t even see where it says watts
Ok 8000 lumens is 90 watts so should I purchase one more fixture that will put me a little over 2watts per gallon

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom