Trying to get better with the pics

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by soarl, Dec 28, 2012.

1. soarl

soarl Valued Member Member

So this is by far my best pic yet. It's a little dark but the focus is decent! One of my mystery snails! Please critique the photo. What can I do to make it better?

[​IMG]

2. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I like it dark like that! Brings out the orange in the snail, which adds interest and contrast :; th

3. OP
    OP
    soarl

It really does doesn't it. I've never been much of a photographer. More like a point and shoot kinda guy! lol. Playing with aperture and exposure and iso settings is all new to me! I like the angle on this one. Unfortunately not as clear as the last. A little too bright as well.

[​IMG]

4. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I like that one as well :) The dark shell in one corner evens it out nicely. It could be focused in the middle rather than the corner though LOL Cameras seem to do what they want sometimes :p

I set mine on program, and set it to macro, when I'm using my camera. 99.99% of the time these days though, because we have no Internet, I'm taking pics on my iPhone and using my data plan to interwebz.

5. fishaddiction

fishaddiction Valued Member Member

The first one was better. Though the angle on pic 2 was better than the first pic

6. OP
    OP
    soarl

7. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

You have some nice shots here. Interesting subject. I think that a little post pros work would be beneficial. What I would do for the first one would be:
    1. lighten the shadows a bit.

2. increase contrast.

3. De-jpeg (a form of de noise)

4. De noise.

5. Bring up the levels a bit.

6. Remove the imperfections on the glass.

There is a program to remove the chromatic aberration (the blue glow around the edge of the foot) But I am not sure how well they work.

But these are just suggestions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice