Trying to find glass canopy for 40 breeder

Liability

I'm (hopefully) going to be getting a new tank on Monday. Tried yesterday, but the store was sold out of that size and told me to come back on Monday because they'd be getting a new shipment. I'm ordering my stand online, because they don't carry any big enough in store, so I decided to check for my glass canopy online, too. I checked both websites, and it's not coming up on either petsmart or petco (petsmart has them, but they don't seem to have the right size available.)

I was wondering if I could have some help finding one? I checked amazon but they're a little overpriced there, and aren't available for prime ($46 + $18 shipping? nty.).

I'm hoping they have some in store, but if not I don't really know where else I'm going to find one. I was really hoping to get one, and would rather not go without a lid until I'm able to find one.

clk89

Well I would get the tank first, then figure out what kind of glass canopy you need. I know for certain branded tanks you have to kind of get specific glass canopys. For example for topfin tank the canopy on amazon did not fit it according to all the reviews. I did some research and come to find out only marineland brand canopy would fit a topfin tank which I got on sale from the drfostersmith site.

Liability

Well I would get the tank first, then figure out what kind of glass canopy you need. I know for certain branded tanks you have to kind of get specific glass canopys. For example for topfin tank the canopy on amazon did not fit it according to all the reviews. I did some research and come to find out only marineland brand canopy would fit a topfin tank which I got on sale from the drfostersmith site.

I'm looking for a top for an aqueon tank. That;s what my petco has in their $1 per gallon sale. I just can't seem to find one anywhere. I found them but they don't have the right size either.

I guess if I can't find a top for a 40 breeder in the store, I'll just get a 55 gallon instead. I didn't really want that much depth, but I can deal with it. I'd have to return the filter and heater I already bought though. Hmm.

Jim

My Petco has the glass tops for the 40B. If you can't find one go to a glass show with the measurements; problem there is that they don't have the vinyl hinges.

Liability

My Petco has the glass tops for the 40B. If you can't find one go to a glass show with the measurements; problem there is that they don't have the vinyl hinges.

Well hopefully I can find them at mine, then. thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ghostdawg
Replies
Views
Books&Fish
Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views