Trying to decide what size tank to set up.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Britt, Aug 6, 2015.

1. B

Britt Valued Member Member

Hi everyone.
    I need help im now down to two tanks but i would like to set up a smaller tank in my room i used to have my 23g in there but alot of fish died of old age so it had turned into a grow out tank for baby platys now that their grown i decided to take it down and move my room around but now that its gone i miss having one in there but i have no room now for my 23g so i would like to either set up a 5g with two african dwarf frogs(i had them when i was younger) or a regular 15g with 6 Harlequin Rasboras and a mystery snail. The deal breaker though is whether i can have 6 Harlequin Rasboras and a mystery snail in a 15g and if they'll be happy? If not i can always change the stock around on my 44g and 30g and add the Harlequin Rasboras to one of those tanks but then leads me to the question will they be safe with a angelfish?

2. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

6 Harlequin rasboras and a mystery snail are fine in a 15g, as long as it's the 24 by 12 type.....

3. OP
    OP
    B

Just took measurements and its the tall one the same size as a 10g just taller. Will they be fine in that one or just the longer 15g type?
    Thank you for answering btw.

4. F

Fishfrommany New Member Member

My opinion is they should be fine

5. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

No, they need more space than a 10 gallon dimensions.

6. OP
    OP
    B

Thats what i thought just wanted to make sure. Guess ill be going with the 5g and two african dwarf frogs. Thank you for the help. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice