Trying to create photo album in gallery

Donnerjay

Hello. I would like to upload some pictures into my gallery and then link them to posts. When I access my profile and click on the link, "Create New Album," nothing happens.

Is there another way to do this? I would like to have some pictures in my profile gallery in addition to posting them in the forums.

Thanks!

Matt B

I just tried and it worked. Just to be sure, you are clicking my profile at top right, then scroll down to albums and click "more" and then create new album? Sorry if you already did this 100 times! Just making sure.

Donnerjay

Thank you. Yes, that's how I'm trying to do it. When I click on that link, it doesn't work.

Aquarist

Good morning,

My Create New Albums isn't working either. It's probably something MIKE is going to have to look into.

Since this seems to be an issue, I've moved your thread from How Do I to Forum Issues so MIKE will be sure to see it.

Thanks!

Ken

aylad

I just got mine set up the other day. I discovered that you can go ahead and upload pics to individual posts, and then later, when/if the albums work again, you can import them straight into your album without uploading them again. Go ahead and make the posts you want; you can add the photos to your album later.

Lucy

I was able to add a new album and upload a pic.
I did the same thing Matt did.

Attachments

• album 1.jpg
    album 1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 122
  • album 2.jpg
    album 2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 124
  • album 3.jpg
    album 3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 100
  • album 4.jpg
    album 4.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 97
  • album 5.jpg
    album 5.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 109

Aquarist

Mine is working now too!

Ken

Donnerjay

OK, thanks, I will go try it. The one link still isn't working, but I think I see the workaround. I'll be back!

Donnerjay

OK, not working for me. I will try tomorrow on another computer; I'm on an iPad now.

Lucy

Try clicking on Community at the top of the page then Albums.
From the next screen you can click Create New Album

Attachments

• Member album 2.jpg
    Member album 2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Member album 1.jpg
    Member album 1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 98

Donnerjay

OK, tried everything suggested. The link to Create New Album does not work.

I tried something different. Went to Aquarium Fish Pictures, clicked on My Albums, and found the one album I created months ago. Yesterday I was able to create a new album through this link (I don't remember how I did this though, perhaps the Create New Album link was working then).

But this new album does not show up in my Gallery in my Profile! I'm not sure whether it's showing up anywhere besides in My Albums.

I did upload a photo to this new album (Betta Boys September 2012) through this My Albums link. I "think" I linked the photo to the Photo Contest. I think it's there, still playing around with it!

Will experiment more. Thank you for all assistance!

aylad

I did upload a photo to this new album (Betta Boys September 2012) through this My Albums link. I "think" I linked the photo to the Photo Contest. I think it's there, still playing around with it!

I didn't see it in the September Photo Contest page. I think this must be a problem with whatever device you're using, because I just set up a new album using Lucy's instructions above, and it seems to show up fine.

Sorry for your difficulties, I know it's frustrating.

Lucy

Donnerjay, the gallery albums are different than your profile albums.
Gallery albums are not the same as entering a picture in the contest.
I know it's confusing.

Here is your new album.
At the top click on Aquarium Fish Pictures.
Then click Member Galleries.

Attachments

• member gallery.jpg
    member gallery.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 102
  • member gallery 2.jpg
    member gallery 2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 105
  • member gallery 3.jpg
    member gallery 3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 99
  • member gallery 4.jpg
    member gallery 4.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 95

Donnerjay

LOL, all I want to do is brag on my fish!

OK, so I can create an album in Member Galleries.

Now, is there a way to get this album on my Profile Page, in the Gallery tab? OR, is the only way to do that to click on Create New Album within my profile?

I tried using another computer to click on that link and it still did not work.

Again, thank you!

aylad

The Profile page's Gallery tab doesn't seem to work for me. It only shows the first I ever uploaded to FishLore; I don't know what I did differently that time, but it's definitely not a current look at my photos or albums.

Lucy's instructions in post #6 worked for me using a Windows 7 computer and the Chrome browser. I don't know what your operating system is or which browser you're using, but is it possible that it's out of date or just generally uncooperative?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
Virt
Replies
Views
Lucy
  • Question