Trying To Buy A Dog

smee82
I love how everyone over here thinks everyone else is stupid.

I went to the dog shop to see if they still had any shinu inu pups yesterday and they tried to palm off mixed breed pups as pure breed. $800 a pup and when I asked if they had papers I was told no but I could buy some fake papers from them if I wanted.

endlercollector
There've been some crazy stories the last year or so about people in China getting duped into buying animals that turned out to be something radically different--like sun bears instead of dogs So did you mean shiba inu? They're very cool dogs. A friend of my daughter's had one, and it was about a year old when we saw them last (they moved out of state). The main problem I saw with their dog was that they weren't doing much to train or exercise it, and it looked like trouble in the making.

smee82
There've been some crazy stories the last year or so about people in China getting duped into buying animals that turned out to be something radically different--like sun bears instead of dogs So did you mean shiba inu? They're very cool dogs. A friend of my daughter's had one, and it was about a year old when we saw them last (they moved out of state). The main problem I saw with their dog was that they weren't doing much to train or exercise it, and it looked like trouble in the making.

Yeah a shiba inu, the keypads too small. They require a lot of training or they will cause trouble.

If I can't find one I'm also looking at a pembroke or a pomm and my wife also likes bichons so it will probably be whatever I find 1st that's got a quiet personality and my daughter likes.

endlercollector
Yeah a shiba inu, the keypads too small. They require a lot of training or they will cause trouble.

If I can't find one I'm also looking at a pembroke or a pomm and my wife also likes bichons so it will probably be whatever I find 1st that's got a quiet personality and my daughter likes.

Oh, corgis are great dogs! Again, a dog bred to work hard, so training and exercise are so important. But they don't seem to have been overbred to the point of craziness Just watch out for hip displasia. I love bichons--all the ones I've known have been very positive and much calmer than other little dogs. Luxating patellas are their issue, same as Pom's. You do have to get their hair done professionally. For some reason that I don't quite understand, I have been fated to rescue a lot of Poms--6 over the years and 1 Pom mix. Each one of them has had a very distinct personality and been quite different from the rest. Only one of them was actually a lap dog--the others have too much nervous energy. The one thing I can say is that all but one of the males have been horrible about marking indoors. Belly bands are the general rule of thumb for these guys, and they work well. Have something tight around them keeps them from lifting a leg. I brush brush brush these Poms. Doing it everyday keeps things under control. They're also quite trainable with cookies broken into small pieces or bits of hot dog. It's just due to laziness that people have untrained Poms. And I do love their happy grins

Guanchy
Hey I'm not telling you what to do but I will never buy a dog from a dog pet store. All those dogs come from puppy mill. and they must likely are sick or very weak and will get sick easily. PLus they have these dogs in small cages breeding like rabbits just to sell the puppies and make money. I will never support that.

I will always adopt! and if adopting is not something you want to do I will suggest contacting and finding a certified breeder for the specific dog you are looking for. They take exellent care of the dogs they use to breed and won't just breed these dogs for years to make money from the puppies.

Lacey D

I went to the dog shop to see if they still had any shinu inu pups yesterday and they tried to palm off mixed breed pups as pure breed. $800 a pup and when I asked if they had papers I was told no but I could buy some fake papers from them if I wanted.

Opportunism at it's finest >_< Hope you find the dog you're looking for. I guess it's a good thing that dogs are so expensive now--when I was a kid you could get one out of a box for free. Now even families with "surprise" puppies want $300+ for mixed breeds. Hopefully that means more of them find homes which value them, and less end up being abandoned again...

Buganjimo
I have a bichon and he’s just a doll. He’s pretty chill, and loves training and exercising. He’s great

smee82
Oh, corgis are great dogs! Again, a dog bred to work hard, so training and exercise are so important. But they don't seem to have been overbred to the point of craziness Just watch out for hip displasia. I love bichons--all the ones I've known have been very positive and much calmer than other little dogs. Luxating patellas are their issue, same as Pom's. You do have to get their hair done professionally. For some reason that I don't quite understand, I have been fated to rescue a lot of Poms--6 over the years and 1 Pom mix. Each one of them has had a very distinct personality and been quite different from the rest. Only one of them was actually a lap dog--the others have too much nervous energy. The one thing I can say is that all but one of the males have been horrible about marking indoors. Belly bands are the general rule of thumb for these guys, and they work well. Have something tight around them keeps them from lifting a leg. I brush brush brush these Poms. Doing it everyday keeps things under control. They're also quite trainable with cookies broken into small pieces or bits of hot dog. It's just due to laziness that people have untrained Poms. And I do love their happy grins

I always prefered working dogs as theyre easier to train. Dogs need a job it doesn't matter what it is, even if its just getting you your shoes and paper.

I can't stand people with little dogs that don't think they need to train or control their dogs.

Hey I'm not telling you what to do but I will never buy a dog from a dog pet store. All those dogs come from puppy mill. and they must likely are sick or very weak and will get sick easily. PLus they have these dogs in small cages breeding like rabbits just to sell the puppies and make money. I will never support that.

I will always adopt! and if adopting is not something you want to do I will suggest contacting and finding a certified breeder for the specific dog you are looking for. They take exellent care of the dogs they use to breed and won't just breed these dogs for years to make money from the puppies.

If there were certified breeders here in china I would prefer to get one from there but there are none here.

GoldieB

Please consider adopting. There is a site called Petfinder, and they do have pure breed dogs on there also. It is a personal decision, of course, and I just wanted to alert you to that site, in case you didn't know about it. There are rescue groups that generally rescue a breed of dog that they love. Please be sure to check out any individual who sells puppies; call their veterinarians to make sure they give at least the basic care and vaccinations to the dogs that they use to breed, and also check to make sure they get them tested for heart worms and give them preventative medication for it. Best of luck!

Smalltownfishfriend
I breed dogs.. .and take great care of all my dogs and puppies!!! Too bad you are not any closer as I know someone who breeds great healthy cute corgis...

smee82
Please consider adopting. There is a site called Petfinder, and they do have pure breed dogs on there also. It is a personal decision, of course, and I just wanted to alert you to that site, in case you didn't know about it. There are rescue groups that generally rescue a breed of dog that they love. Please be sure to check out any individual who sells puppies; call their veterinarians to make sure they give at least the basic care and vaccinations to the dogs that they use to breed, and also check to make sure they get them tested for heart worms and give them preventative medication for it. Best of luck!

I considered adopting but I'm not intersted. I'm in china so its a lot different then the u.s.

hemag07
I love my shiba. She's 4 now. But when we first got her........she was really really hard to train and a snappy diva. Still a diva today but calmer.

Nikki2577
I have adopted all my dogs because I feel they need good homes and I don’t want them to be put to sleep just because people didn’t get their dogs fixed.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Lynn78too
  • Dog
Replies
Views
Lynn78too
  • Scoutsfish
  • Dog
Replies
Views
Scoutsfish
  • jenmur