Trying it AGAIN!!!!!! (Sea Horses)

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok kinda NEWER update....they are at it again.....I was hoping everyone would like to see this.......the first time was a loss......the SH are breeding again........I am even more hopeful this time...evedently this is a very FAST process.........it only takes 12-14 days to hopefully have "ponies".......in these pics my female is very ready to breed...her little tummy was very swollen...however (even though) there is a definate pair,my other male is after her also....I even saw the chosen male "Head butting" the odd male.....I hadnt witnessed that before....in one of the pics(bad pics) you can actually see the one males pouch is open...ready to recieve eggs(second pic on right)......his pouch is huge today(much larger than last time)....so I am crossing my fins that this time is better

Just wanted to share......the female is the one whos tummy looks kinda like an "L" the males are actually more rounded

Attachments

Last edited:

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I see belly!

Best wishes Lori! I always love hearing about and seeing your SH's.
Beautiful!
Ken

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm sorry the first time didn't take, but you should be VERY PROUD of your fishkeeping skills for them to breed at all! You're obviously taking fabulous care of them!

Awesome pics and fins crossed for a healthy spawn this time!

Please, please, please keep us posted

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks everyone!!!!!!!....BB that makes me feel good... and it means soooooooooooooooo much...thanks again.......This time I will not leave the house the day they are due!!!!!!!No matter what.....even if I have to stay by that tank ALL day!!!! lol....lol.....I dont want to do the baby saver thing for the male...Im scarred to really stress him out and I think that would be worse.....

agsansoo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Good luck. Hope all goes well. Can you tell me the type of SH's they are ? I think I have the same ones as you.

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Good luck. Hope all goes well. Can you tell me the type of SH's they are ? I think I have the same ones as you.
When purchassed I was told black vietnamese SH (I believe they are in the redi family)...I also have in with them H erectus(just one)

eiginh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Wow! That's cool I never seen sea horses in actual tanks before. Good luck and I hope you succeed as well.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Thanks for sharing! I plan on having a SH tank someday but not for a long while so it's cool to see yours! Hope everything goes well!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom