Trustworthy Aquarium Deal?

galvatron3000
Anyone heard of this place, are they reliable? Should I trust this deal?

mastercave
I do believe truvu is a popular brand in acrylics. they even sponsor the local reef club in san francisco. i've even seen some LFS that uses all their tanks. i'd say it's a reliable company.

agsansoo
What size tank are you going to buy ?

galvatron3000
I was looking into a 125 G but they have a 150 G for a nice price, find a stand for those dimensions is going to be tricky

agsansoo
Any thing over 110 gallons, I would get acrylic. Nothing worse than looking at a large glass tank that's bowing from all that water. That hasn't been braced properly !

galvatron3000
Far as I know these are Acrylic, atleast the one I'm looking at but if anyone know a place I can order a great 125 to 150 G acrylic aquarium then list them or send me a list. Thanks

galvatron3000
Any thing over 110 gallons, I would get acrylic. Nothing worse than looking at a large glass tank that's bowing from all that water. That hasn't been braced properly !

If braced properly, would you be okay with a 210 G of Glass?

agsansoo
Yes if it is properly braced. Though a tank of that size is going to be pretty heavy. Then again I live in an area known for earthquakes ! (So. Cal.) ;D

galvatron3000
Yes if it is properly braced. Though a tank of that size is going to be pretty heavy. Then again I live in an area known for earthquakes ! (So. Cal.) ;D

My LFS has a 210 G glass for $1900 including cabinet and canopy with lights. Anyone think this is a good deal? The owner was trying to get me to get it over a 125 or 150.

agsansoo
Price is about right, though it depends on what type of wood and what type of lights ? What is the name brand of the tank or is it a local builder ?

galvatron3000
Price is about right, though it depends on what type of wood and what type of lights ? What is the name brand of the tank or is it a local builder ?

All Glass and Oceanic are the brands they sale

agsansoo
I like Oceanic reef ready tanks.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AZL
Replies
Views
Nourhanateout22
Replies
Views