Truly a Mystery Snail????

ssnailtea

My first snail, Pho, recently passed away after 8 months of having her, she would lay clutches of eggs every other week and id dispose of them. I have a 5 gallon with a Betta and a Nerite, my mystery was the only of its breed in the tank. Almost immediately after her death, i spotted a singular baby mystery. I've only ever had one plant, java fern, and there were never any other snails that made their way in. How is this possible?? Just out of curiosity, it isn't urgent! Just crazy that theres only one baby with no eggs.

Attachments

• 20220501_222432.jpg
    20220501_222432.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 11

Kellye8498

I would check the top of the tank around the rim and lid and see if there is an empty egg sack. If your mystery is a female and she was bred in the pet store then she could be laying egg sacks at the top of the tank somewhere and you may not be noticing. Otherwise it may have come in on a plant as a teeny little baby and just grew to be noticeable in your tank.

Upvote 0

Debbie1986

I had a mystery mystery snail baby last year too ( Sept 2021). Showed up a few months after my female died.

congrats on your baby snail!!!!! so exciting

Upvote 0

MomOfLiveBearers

Same here. After all my adults aged out and passed away I later found a baby mystery. I checked daily for clutches as I had bred them for a bit to stock up some locals but this one showed up out of nowhere. It is now my only mystery in the tank along with my spixi, giant rams, and rabbit snail.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Justmecb75
Replies
Views
ShinyMoose
Replies
Views
RayClem
  • Question