Help Troubleshooting Finnex Planted+ 24/7 Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

FergusDaFish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a Finnex on my 20T and was wondering if anyone else with the same light is having the same problem I am.

The 24/7 cycle doesn't provide enough "off" time in its standard program so I run the cycle during the day but turn the light off at night.

It has happened multiple times now that when I go to turn the light on in the morning it flashes but the light doesn't turn on. When this has happened before I unplugged it and it reset, or I re-programmed the 24/7 timer and it works again.

This morning, though, I unplugged and it wouldn't come on, and I tried resetting the timer and it wouldn't come on. I couldn't get it to turn on MAX brightness or adjust brightness up or down... I would hit the power button, it would flash white light once or twice and then go back out.

Thoughts? Anyone else have this problem?

I have it totally unplugged for the day today so hopefully it'll have its act together tonight when I get home.

OP
FergusDaFish

FergusDaFish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I messed around with it last night and it's working. For the moment.

Wouldn't turn on when I initially plugged it in.

Messed with the remote battery.

Hit random buttons.

Then suddenly the light came on. :arghh:

Have no idea what I did but I set it to the 24/7 cycle again and let it run overnight, then programmed a custom 24/7 cycle this morning and I'm not touching it again for a while.

I have no idea how I fixed it.

OP
FergusDaFish

FergusDaFish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My light does turn all the way off without a second timer (other than the light), my problem in this thread was that it wasn't turning off after I powered it down one night. It's working now and I have a custom 24/7 cycle that has better times than the factory standard 24/7 cycle.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 6 14.3%

Top Bottom