Trouble getting Nerite snails?

crzychickenlady

Is anyone else having trouble getting Nerite snails?
I went to my LFS and they said they are having trouble getting them in. Something about some issues with their supplier in Florida.

I haven't checked with Petco or Petsmart....I really don't like buying fish from other places, but I may have to.

steed1172

hmm... I havn't checked locals for nerites lately(cause I have mine ) but I did notive they were low on feeder guppies and ghost shrimp cause of Florida, so nerites might have been low.

if you still have trouble finding some, when you get 50+ posts try the B/S/T forum.. I'm sure some one would be willing to share a few.

crzychickenlady

That's what they said about the Ghost Shrimp and feeder Guppies as well. I did see some Ghost Shrimp and almost got some more, but I really wanted the snails. The owner said he would call me when he gets some in and I also requested some Red Cherry Shrimp too.
Hopefully they get some in, I was so excited to add them to my tank.

fishingman001

My PetSupermarket is the only place around me that carries nerite snails.

crzychickenlady

I ended up getting some mystery Snails....not what I wanted, but will do for now. Maybe I will order some.

Treefork

Mystery Snails have better personality than nerites. Of course, that could be because my kribs ate my nerites the first night I got them.

crzychickenlady

I'm really liking the Mystery Snails!! They said they would be getting more in this week, so I may pick up a few more!!

Treefork

AND Mystery Snails get way bigger than nerites. They are cool. If you treat them right you can get them to the size of a golfball.

crzychickenlady

I put in an algae wafer for Turbo, the tank he's is isn't very dirty yet, and the Ghost Shrimp are trying to overtake it. Turbo's holding his own tho, got a death lock on it, LOL!

GO TURBO!!

Treefork

My mysteries would tussle with the cories for wafers. They really are cool snails. I've only got one right now because apparently my kribs hate snails.

crzychickenlady

So far the only thing harassing mine are the Ghost Shrimp. I have Gourami's and Rams in the big tank and Agnelfish in the other tank.

Sorry your Kribs don't like snails. Bad Kribs!

Treefork

I do have a tank with 7 juvenile krib cousins and 1 mystery snail nanny. She cleans up after them when they miss food. (which is a lot.) Come to think of it, I haven't seen her in a few days... be right back...

Okay, found Mystery Snail behind the fish tank. Now that I think about it I didn't see her yesterday during my water change. Her shell is broken apart and she was pretty dry but she's still alive. She had to have been out more than 24 hours. I don't know if she will make it though without the large chunk of shell, she's pretty exposed. I moved her out of the krib baby tank.

steed1172

.... just got back from RMS(my LFS) and they had NO ghost shrimp(not even any hiding in the air filters they use)..I checked the snails.. and WOW! they have tones of nerites!.. olive and zebra.. plenty of mystery snails.. and even tylo/rabbit snails!(which they never carried before..?)

jab91864

I buy my nerite snails here on the forum =0)

In fact I bought more tonight...lol

crzychickenlady

Ohhh no Treefork....I hope your snail makes it.

I'm going up to my LFS to check and see if they have anymore snails. I only got 2 and I wanted more, but 2 was all they had.

I lost one, so I'm thinking I will pick up maybe 3 more, so I can add 2 to my 55 gallon tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
Mermish
  • Question
Replies
Views
Ghelfaire
  • Question