Tropical Water Lily Care

Joshaeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am hoping to keep a tropical water lily in an aquarium during the cooler months and move it outside during the warmer months. I was going to keep it in the 70's indoors in a 10 gallon with three 5000k 1650 lumen bulbs over it, and 1 root tab a month. In summer I will move it outside and start adding 2 tabs a month. How does this sound? Anything I should know about planting it? And are there any varieties that would handle water temps dropping into the low 60's at night while outside? Thanks

SeattleRoy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi @Joshaeus

I keep a few species of small lilies in my aquariums but none outdoors. I believe that some species of 'Tropical Lilies' go dormant in the winter months so it may depend upon the species you are trying to keep. Thanks @scarface

Nymphoides hydrophylla (aka sp 'Taiwan')

Nymphaea micrantha (aka Tri-Color Lotus)
A92dr5BnoGRz5ORbuZcw92TVHHZFS_e42iYBvI5eI24RF74ISJJkjyyKae-lxzUclLoKUPYqE13nIsx_XQ=w1000-h783-no.jpg

Nymphaea gardeneriana (aka N. sp 'Santarem' / unusual it reproduces by runners!)
j4qOap-yXAlvWsFSIkkDkhy38FeJviNwIlD9bc3lhk3VRDh5U7mL1K6QjT0I4QevqfGDrm0HYtXIzbbpBd=w1000-h641-no.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom