Tropical tank estimate quantity of fish in a 60l

Dantheman15

Hi, i have a 60l freshwater tank with 9 guppies and 2 cory dorys. Im looking and wanting to get more fish but not sure how many fish can go into a 60l? Im thinking about getting a hill stream loach or a syminese algea eater i know they grow big but what else would i be able to get without over stocking?

MacZ

Stock up the Corydoras to 5-7 and unless you only have male Guppies, you will need the free space because they will multiply.

That's pretty much the limit.

ruud

It can be tempting to get all sorts of cool looking fish in one tank; hillstream loaches on their own, gliding over and under rivers stones, with a strong current blasting over the stones is a joy to observe. Adding them to a community tank, they'll likely stick to the glass, and depending on tank conditions, they might be going back and forth close to the water surface. It might give a whole different experience.

Donthemon

Re-home some of the guppies and you can add other fish. Do keep up in your water changes and have good filtration is important .
Regime some of the guppies and you can add other fish. Do keep up in your water changes and have good filtration is important

Fisch

I personally would just add a Nerite or two.

Dantheman15

Stock up the Corydoras to 5-7 and unless you only have male Guppies, you will need the free space because they will multiply.

That's pretty much the limit.
All my guppies are males
Re-home some of the guppies and you can add other fish. Do keep up in your water changes and have good filtration is important .
Regime some of the guppies and you can add other fish. Do keep up in your water changes and have good filtration is important
I keep up with my water changes once a week and filtration is good
It can be tempting to get all sorts of cool looking fish in one tank; hillstream loaches on their own, gliding over and under rivers stones, with a strong current blasting over the stones is a joy to observe. Adding them to a community tank, they'll likely stick to the glass, and depending on tank conditions, they might be going back and forth close to the water surface. It might give a whole different experience.
So to my question how many more can i get? And is getting a hillstream loach a good idea or shall i get a simense algea eater?

MacZ

So to my question how many more can i get? And is getting a hillstream loach a good idea or shall i get a simense algea eater?
The tank is too small for a siamese algae eater, it will outgrow it in no time. Hillstream loaches are more of a "cooler water with strong current"-fish.

Dantheman15

So shall i get a loach then or a snail

MacZ

Rather a snail.

Dantheman15

How many snails can i add?

MacZ

Depends on the snail. Nerites would need a certain amount of aufwuchs established or they starve, so if the tank is running more than 3 months one Nerite would be fine. Same goes for many other similar sized snails.

Dantheman15

I thinks its a snail every 5 gallons so my tank is 13 gallons divide that by 5 thats 2.6 snails lol just two then.

Ouse

I thinks its a snail every 5 gallons so my tank is 13 gallons divide that by 5 thats 2.6 snails lol just two then.
Such “general rules” are flawed. This one is flawed because it only takes the size of the animal into consideration. It doesn’t consider food, which is important.

As you’re leaning towards SAEs and snails, I’m lead to think you’re trying to deal with an algae problem?

Dantheman15

No i havnt got an algae problem i have algae but not alot but would help if i have a algae clean up crew, video below shows you i have algae on my rocks

Ouse

No i havnt got an algae problem i have algae but not alot but would help if i have a algae clean up crew, video below shows you i have algae on my rocks
An algae-eating crew is unnecessary and the algae on the rocks is totally to be expected. Adding more animals to eat algae means more organic compounds will be produced, which actually allows more algae to form.

The video isn’t showing. Upload a video to YouTube and link it here.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Tup
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views