Tropical Fish

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Calum98, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Calum98Valued MemberMember

Got this today, can't remember what it's called, I know this is quite young and that the orange on its fins are supposed to turn blood orange as it ages.

ec395d91ba94126e6686b674d9db02cf.jpg

2. DioAquaticsFishlore VIPMember

3. BeanFishWell Known MemberMember

Yeah, it looks like an apistograma.
    Im jealous :)

4. Calum98Valued MemberMember

@KingD @BeanFish thanks for the quick replies, I recognise the cacatuoides part of the name, was something really different so ended up completely forgetting.
    @BeanFish it was the last one in the store, if you're in the U.K. Maiden Head Aquatics gets them in occasionally

5. chickenghostValued MemberMember

I think its a female cockatoo cichlid.

6. aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

Agree with above, it's a cockatoo cichlid

7. BeanFishWell Known MemberMember

Rachel O Leary has a vídeo on breeding those, I know you only have one... but I bet you will like the videos on them.
    Apistogramas are on my radar but I have not seen them here in Mexico, I would definitely love to have a tank with those and try to breed them!
    Enjoy your fish, cichlids in general are amazing but South American dwarfs are lovely!

8. Calum98Valued MemberMember

Just off to bed now but will definitely have a search for that tomorrow evening, this is my first cichlid after getting my two electric blue rams the other month and I feel myself slowly becoming obsessed with them now
    Good luck on your mission to find some!