Tropical Fish Labels

Fishygirl1219

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I work at a pet store and I am over the fish.....well I have a issue with the fish...they don't have any labels and it's driving me nuts...can someone give me an idea of how to make some or where to buy some or something anything would be great

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello!

What we used to do at the LFS was type up the names (sometimes add a picture if the tank was larger) in a large font (14-16 did the trick) print and cut them out in neat "strips". Then, paste them on the front of the glass using clear packing tape (aka, put tape over the label). This kept them water proof and made things look pretty neat and tidy

And they're easy to remove when you want to swap names.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
KinsKicks method is probably your best bet. Done properly, you can also add information to the label.

I worked with a guy for a while who made static sticking plastic labels. The label had a small picture and some basic information such as potential size, temp. range, pH preference, and a space for the price. The labels were reusable, just peel off and stick on another tank, and being static stick there was no adhesive residue.

I'm pretty sure there is some one still out there doing such labels, but many stores rejected them due to the cost. The static cling plastic is not real cheap, and it required special ink back then, so doing them yourself was not easy. The other flaw was getting labels for all the possible fish that might come through a store; it could easily number in the thousands!

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
KaitlynR said:
This is what they do at my LFS! Write out the species name and price!
I always felt that writing on the tanks looked ugly, but I did do that on my fishroom tanks all the time. But that was not a store presentation situation.

Another idea is a placard slide below the tank if you have room for it. The cards slide in from the end, and keep things a lot neater than putting stuff on the tank. Some shops have flip up doors above the tanks, and put the information there.

daddyalex27

Valued Member
Reaction score
They should have a colour chart like
Peaceful
Peaceful but nippy
Grow big
Agressive

Aswell as names im not trying to affend you but shops like this make me mad its a big reason why people get the wrong fish

Fishygirl1219

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I made some handmade one with temp...size....life span....whether they were community fish or not and whether they are beginner fish or not....but they just look so tacky to me

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom