Tropica Soil Powder Vs Regular Tropica Soil

Patric

Valued Member
Reaction score
I would like some advice from someone have used both the Tropica Soil and Tropica Soil Powder. I'm getting ready to buy soil for my 6', 125G tank and have contemplated both products. I will have carpeting and regular plants. Is there a disadvantage to use only the Powder? Is there an advantage to use the regular Soil at the bottom and top off with Powder. Is there a disadvantage to use only the Powder with regular plants?

Zigi Zig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello
Tropica soil is volcanic granulate material is really not actually soil , not sure what you mean by soil powder. Tropica could get some expensive for 125.gal so organic garden soil could be better option try to do little more research..
Untitled.jpg healthy-soil-400x265.jpg
Granulate Organic Garden Soil

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Not sure about tropica's aquasoil but ada and others the sand stuff isnt needed.

I use aquasoil in my 110g and have no regrets its definitely worth the expense on my opinion.

imba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have small tanks and I use more of the powder aquasoil as the granules are much smaller and wouldn't look much better in a small tank. For my 20g, i used the regular sized aquasoil at the bottom, and cap it off with the powder aquasoil.

The powder aquasoil is also much easier to plant into, especially for smaller foreground plants.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom